Loxone Binding

Hey,

i had the same error (‘Remote end closed connection without response’).
This is because the mini server is still connected to port 80, and not 8080.
Just changing the line
port: 8080
to
port: 80
fixed it for me.

Hello Hoangtridung,
I have added the LightControllerV2 as a component in my binding. Maybe you can try it out and give me some feedback. I have no lights to control so I can not really test it.

Thanks
Jojo

I can confirm that the lighting controller works.

Have lighting controller set up in Loxone to control Hue lights. It is picked up in hassio and when the component is on it will allow me to cycle through the different scenes that I have set up within the lighting controller.

Thanks for the work on this.

Ahoi hoi,

thanks Jojo for your awesome loxone Binding. It is working really well.

I have a question about the light module. I’m using some RGB-Strips and it would be cool not to only control the brightness but also the the color.

Hey Lukas,

what exactly do you mean with light module. The light controller? A already included the rgb
skill for the light controller V2. I updated it this week. Or do you mean something else?

Jojo

lol, disregard everything i said. Didn’t know that you updated your binding. Now I see the RGB controls.

Sorry :sweat_smile:

At home i have a loxone installation now i want to use home assistant. But when i restart the home assistant server 0.101.3 restart. I get always “Component error: loxone - Integration ‘loxone’ not found”. I have copy the loxone plugin to my custom_components folder. And change my configuration file but it dont work.

Have you copied the hole folder “loxone” into the custom_components folder?
Is it your first custom component? Do you have Home Assistant or HASSIO?

The problem is solved. I have reinstalled home assistant and now it works. But i see just my covers. My lights are grouped and i don’t find how i switch light per light on?

Do you use the loxone app? Do you see the lights there?

You can either use switches and push buttons in the loxone config or you can use
the light controller. It is up to you.

Normally alle push buttons and switches which you have defined in the loxone config
should automatically added in homeassistant at start.

Do you use Lovelace or the old method?

I use the old method.
In the loxone app i see everything, but in my homeassistant is see just my screens.

Now i have checked the log file of home assistant:

Error’s i get

Log Details (ERROR)
Sat Nov 16 2019 15:48:26 GMT+0100 (CET)

Error while setting up platform loxone
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 120, in coro
    res = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/config/custom_components/loxone/light.py", line 91, in async_setup_platform
    light_controller['room']),
KeyError: 'room'
Log Details (ERROR)
Sat Nov 16 2019 15:48:26 GMT+0100 (CET)

Error while setting up platform loxone
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 150, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 120, in coro
    res = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/config/custom_components/loxone/switch.py", line 34, in async_setup_platform
    room=get_room_name_from_room_uuid(loxconfig, push_button['room']),
KeyError: 'room'

OK I see the problem. The easiest fix would be that you define the room and the categorie for all of your Lightcontroller. You have to define it for all devices.

Hope that solved your problem.

It must be defined in the loxone config.

Hi Jojo,

First, thanks for making this binding. Loxone is my house’s backbone and I am now extending it with Home Assistant so this was a crucial element in my setup. Still very new to HA, so I might misunderstand some of the architecture.

I get some double entities (not exactly, but the entity for a lighting controller with one light circuit that’s not dimmable has the same function as the the entity for the circuit itself), so I thought I’d just disable those, but it appears that most of the Loxone entities don’t show up in the entity registry. Only the analog sensors show up in my case, so I can’t disable the unwanted entities, or rename some of them.

Any idea how to solve (or work around) this ?

Sorry but I did not understand your problem.

What do you mean with double entities? Double values or you get entites double?

The binding gets only entites which are defined as used in the config.

Can you make a screenshot or some pictures that I can understand it.

A lighting controller in Loxone is bound to one or more outputs (light circuits) which can be combined in scenes. The HA integration then creates entities for the lighting controller (with its scenes/effects) and for the individual light circuits. So when I have only one light circuit in a lighting controller in Loxone, I get two entities in HA (one in the group lights for the circuit and one in the group “loxone lights” for the controller) that both just switch the light on and off (and they operate in sync):

Home%20Assistant

For RGB circuits this is actually useful as the corresponding HA entity gives access to the colour wheel (the entity for the loxone lighting controller only to the scenes/effects). But for the normal lights it’s separate entities with the same function.

It’s not a big issue though, but it clutters up for instance the states overview in the developer section of the UI.

So I wanted to disable some from the entity registry in the UI, but the problem is that they don’t show up in it, only the analogue sensors. Also means the id and name can’t be changed in the registry, which would be useful.

So my question is whether it can be solved that the entities get properly added to the entity registry.

OK I think I got it. But I must say that I do not use any lights and light controllers. I have no lights.
So I do not have this problem. What you can do is to hide any entity int the customize menu.
Here you can find the information:

That should work for any entity.

I do not work with with the entity registry because I have only a view switches.
Do you use the yaml mode or the old method. Because the groups I only generate for the
old method. The new method over the Gui is much better and faster and you can only
define what you want to see. Maybe this is also a solution.

OK, I’ll look into that. It’s not a big issue, I can indeed change the UI to show only what I want to see.
Thanks again for making this integration, without it I would not have started with HA :slight_smile:

@Jojo

You’re a star! Great work. :+1:
I’ve just got a test set up running to get to grips with loxone so I can install it in the new house I am building this year and having an easy HA integration like this is fantastic.

Thanks if you have problems or something is missing let me know!
JOJO