Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

That’s currently fixed in 0.2.0-b4 expect a full 0.2.0 release out soon.

Roger that!
Thanks for your help!

should the www/mail_and_packages/ folder have the mail_none and mail_today gif files in it?

They get generated by the component. If you turn on randomization your gif will have a unique name every update.

Okay duh I see it now, I just switched over to the supervised docker install so I am working out what the file paths are again.

Should be the same as the regular docker install /config/www/mail_and_packages/ or whatever directory you perfer. :slight_smile:

That’s what is weird. I used that file path in the config and the mail_today.gif is being created in the correct place but when i put that same path into the lovelace card I am not getting anything to show up

Are you using @moralmunky’s lovelace card or the picture-entity card with the local_file camera?

I’m using moralmunkey’s

I’m not sure as I don’t use the card myself.

Ah now worries thanks for trying anyway what card are you using to display the gif?

I setup a local_file camera and display it via a picture-entity card.

Hmm I didn’t realize that was possible ill have to look into that if I can’t get the other card working

For the life of me, I am unable to get the mail_today.gif to generate. It will not do it in the custom_compenets folder or in the images folder. I installed with HACS. I have even 777 the images folder and subdirectories to test that out. Any help would be great.

Are you getting error messages in the Home Assistant log file?
What version are you using?
What do you have the image directory currently set to?

@firstof9

I am currently not getting errors related to Mail and Packages other than the .translations, which I saw you guys would be updating later.

Here is what HACS installed.
Mail and Packages
Home Assistant Mail and Packages Platform
Authors: moralmunky
firstof9
GitHub stars: 51
Last updated: 5 hours ago
Installed: 0.1.5

My current image directory is “/config/images/mail_and_packages/”
I have also set it to the custom components directory.

Just to make sure that I am not screwing that up… because if it is, I will slap myself. Where do I configure it? I only saw something about it in the camera setup. Also, in the integration first setup.

*** Update ***
I feel like a tool. Sorry to have bothered you.

In the intergrations setup I did not put /configs/etc… I put configs/etc…

Very dumb. I apologize.

1 Like

FYI - When in Configuration > Integrations and setting up this component pay attention to the interval notification rate.

In my example, I set this for 15 minutes so every 15 minutes I was getting an iOS push message informing me of the incoming mail and packages for the day. This is/was very annoying.

To solve this you can simply click on this integration > option and resubmit your info and then you’ll be presented with the option to set the notification interval. Set that to your preference in minutes. I’m trying 360 minutes (4-hrs).

This causes me to think that I don’t want any notifications after a given time such as between 9PM and 7AM. Could there be a way to set the notifications to occur only during a specific time?

To answer my own curiosity, I’m trying this…

# NOTIFY IF MAIL IS EXPECTED
- alias: "Mail Notif - Mail Delieveries"
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:    # trigger if mail or packages get updated
    - platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.mail_usps_mail
    - platform: state
      entity_id: sensor.mail_usps_delivering    
  condition:
    condition: and
    conditions:   # time condition between 9PM - 7AM
      - condition: time   
        after: '07:00:00'
        before: '21:00:00'    
      - condition: or
        conditions:    # send only if mail or packages are more than 0
        - condition: template
          value_template: "{{ states('sensor.mail_usps_mail') | int > 0 }}"
        - condition: template
          value_template: "{{ states('sensor.mail_usps_delivering') | int > 0 }}"
  action:

This is actually the interval between checking for emails, notifications are handled by any automations you’ve setup.

I’m struggling with setting up the Lovelace cards that are called out in the documentation. I don’t have the vertical stack custom card so I was trying option 3. I’m not sure how to get this working. I’m not using the YAML configuration, but rather the UI option. I’ve tried to put the card code in as a manual card and get indentation errors when I copy and paste the code directly. When I try to build the card manually, when I paste the code section for the entity filter, I get the error “Cannot read property ‘setConfig’ of undefined”. Can anyone help me set up this card? Thank you!

1 Like

Understand but how could it be that every 15 minutes I would get a mail and packages iOS push message? I previously had selected a 15 minute interval and the code I previously posted was in my automations and the only difference was the time component that I added. Could it be that if you actually have some mail scheduled for delivery the automation fires a notification until it’s delivered?