Make 'Alexa, make it warmer / colder` work with integrated AC and a Nexia / Trane thermostat

Recently got a heatpump installed, so now have integrated AC as well. Before the upgrade we were able to say: ‘Alexa, make it warmer’ and ‘Alexa, make it colder’ and that would talk to our smart thermostat and increase of lower the temperature. This stopped working since now our thermostat can be both in heating or cooling mode (before it was just heating) and the thermostat would just not know what to do. Just sharing how I got this working again in case anyone is having the same problem.

Below is how I got this to work again - I created two scripts and two input_number configuration settings. After that, I was able to create a routing in Alexa.

Input_number (optional, but recommended)

thermostat_temperature_step:
    name: Thermostat Temperature Step
    min: 0
    max: 20
    step: 1
    initial: 2
    unit_of_measurement: F
thermostat_temperature_margin:
    name: Thermostat Temperature Margin
    min: 0
    max: 20
    step: 1
    initial: 3
    unit_of_measurement: F

Scripts

'1594662944690':
  alias: Make it colder
  sequence:
  - data_template:
      target_temp_high: "{{state_attr('climate.home','target_temp_high')|int() - states('input_number.thermostat_temperature_step')|int()}}"
      target_temp_low: "{{state_attr('climate.home','target_temp_high')|int() - states('input_number.thermostat_temperature_step')|int() - states('input_number.thermostat_temperature_margin')|int()}}"
    entity_id: climate.home
    service: climate.set_temperature
'1594662944691':
  alias: Make it warmer
  sequence:
  - data_template:
      target_temp_high: "{{state_attr('climate.home','target_temp_low')|int()+states('input_number.thermostat_temperature_step')|int()+states('input_number.thermostat_temperature_margin')|int()}}"
      target_temp_low: "{{state_attr('climate.home','target_temp_low')|int()+states('input_number.thermostat_temperature_step')|int()}}"
    entity_id: climate.home
    service: climate.set_temperature

Alexa routine
In the Alexa app, I added two routines - one for making it warmer and one for making it colder with just whatever trigger word and response. The last step was to tell Alexa to activate a scene and selecting the correct script. If you cannot find the scene, be sure to search for devices first.