MB106 Logic Control integration with Sonoff SV for automatic gate

Has anybody got advice on how to integrate a Sonoff SV into this logic board which is being used to control an electric gate at the front of my home (similar to this here)?

The manual for this board is here. In my case there is an RF daughter board added for an RF remote control.

This is a picture of the board I have.

This is in an open state. I can see from the LCD that the device is in Mode 1 (assume Domestic Mode) which is a simple toggle mode where any of the 4 buttons on the remote control do the same thing which is open or close the gate.

From the manual “Mode 1: Gate opens on impulse, and closes off a single impulse. While opening a pulse will stop the gate from fully opening. The next pulse will close the gate.”

Thanks
Rob

ok for those that are interested. I’ve set up a Sonoff SV as follows.

1. Configured the Sonoff SV with Tasmota 6.5.0 as described by John in this blog here. This is similar to Dr Zzs’ last youtube on this subject but not quite the same because the latest Tasmota firmware apparently changes things a little. For example you can’t use the cover control service for reasons I don’t understand but detailed in John’s blog.
    This is using the device as a dry contact (closed circuit with no voltage) to switch or toggle the gate open and closed. (where you remove the two resistors of the board as described in numerous examples)

2. Then I connected the Sonoff SV as per photo below

3. I’m taking power (about 12.5V DC) from point 12 and 11 (12 is common or negative). This is plenty to run the Sonoff SV bit seems to reduce the RF distance of the original remote control.

4. Connected the dry contacts to 17 and 13. These two trigger the gate to open or close or change direction if in the process of opening or closing. This is mode 1 operation which you can see on the LCD display on the logic board.

5. And finally connected GPIO 14 to points 13 and 17. Closing these two is what actuates the gate.

Works just fine except I don’t know how to treat the signal coming from GPIO 14 so that I can tell when the gate is open of close?
Rob

couple of photos

Sonoff SV web interface looks like this. Left is when the gate is closed and right is when the gate is open.

How do I take this second toggle information (ON) and write an automation using it?

After some testing it looks like GPIO 14 connected to points 8 and 10 to detect when the gate is closed seems to interfere with the system causing it not to detect the closed state properly. Not sure how to take the reading from 8/10 without mucking up the system. May have to install a separate reed switch and install it so that it’s isolated from everything except GPIO 14 and ground on the Sonoff SV. More mucking around.