MCO home switches responding slow to HA

I have a set-up with a Raspberry, Aeotec gen 5 USB Z-Wave controller, a Neo Coolcam switch with two buttons, a MCO home with one butten and a MCO home with two buttons.

Every switch is responding fast when switching from the Lovelace interface. But when switching the MCO home switches, the states send to HA is very slow, and sometimes not working at all.

Then connecting the MCO home switches to a Homey controller, send the state within 1 second to the controller.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi Everyone,

I got a little bit further on this:

-I own 2 MCO Home switches: S411 (single button) and a S412 (dual button).
-In the meantime I moved over to an Intel NUC, and did a fresh install of HA. I also reset all my Z-Wave devices to factory defaults, including the Aeotec z stick.
-The manual of the MCO Home switches state that it supports the following Z-wave groups for direct associations:

411:
Group 1 - Lifeline
Group 2 - Button 1

412:
Group 1 - Lifeline
Group 2 - Button 1
Group 3 - Button 2

-Now, the case was that the MCO switches did respond when switched from the HA WebUI (and did it fast)
-When the S412 on the MCO home switches however, it did not provide the state back to hassio, and thus did not turn off the switch in the HA WebUI.
-The S411 did actually work normally
-So I opened the Z-wave logs, and noticed no messages came across at all from the MCO home S412
-Then, suddenly I started realizing that it could have something to do with assiciation groups, since they were not working before either
-I checked te association groups, and bingo, found the following:

411:
Group 1 -
Association: Aeotec Z-stick

Group 2 -

412:
Group 1 - Button 1

Group 2 - Button 2

Group 3 - Lifeline

-For some reason, the Association group of S412 is messed up, and the Aeotec should be associated with Group one (even if called “Button 1”, which seems to be incorrect). Now, my assiciations look like this:

411:
Group 1 -

Group 2 -

412:
Group 1 - Button 1

Group 2 - Button 2

Group 3 - Lifeline

-Now the S412 does report its state to the WebUI, and does it fast as you would expect, this issue is solved!
-But I wanted to do some more. I wanted to associate the S411 to one of the buttons of the S412, so changed my associations again:

411:
Group 1 -

Group 2 -
Association: 412

412:
Group 1 - Button 1

Group 2 - Button 2
Association: 411

Group 3 - Lifeline

Results:
-Everything is off
-When pressing button 1 of the 412, the 411 switches on
-When pressing again, 412 button 1 switches off, 411 remains on
-Also the WebUI is not responding well anymore for the 412 (it’s slow again / does not always respond)
-Switched all off again
-When pressing the button of the 411, switch 412 does not switch on (or off) at all

So the associations do not work very well, especcialy from the S412. Anyone similar issues, or know how to fix this?
Maybe it has something to do with not being able to control which button to be controlled of the S412. In the association of the S411, I am not able to choose which button of the S412 to switch. Anyone knows how to do that?

Kind regards,

Anthony

Hello Anthony, Thank you for sharing your problem and tests results.
I also have bought MCO home switches and am trying to set up association as you did.
Have you found anything since your last message?
Thank you,
Antoine

Hi a.jeanrichard,

It has been a while since this issue came up. Lately I have been busy with programming schedules in conjunction with Hue and dimming lights based on luminance, so i did not looked into this issue further. I know there has been a lot of updates since this issue occured. But as I understand from you, this issue is still present, even with the latest versions?

I have just moved to a new home where I will be using the MCO home switches soon, so I will continue looking at this issue shortly.I hoped updates of Hassio would have resolved this issue. I might be thinking in another direction, with all the knowledge I learned over the last 8 months. There is a way of building an automation which listens to Z-Wave messages. If the Z-Wave assosiations of the MCO Home 412 are still not working correctly, I might fix it that way. I will be investigating this issue soon, and Ill let you know the results!

Edit:
By the way, are you using the Aeotec Zwave stick as well, or are you using another gateway?

1 Like

Hey Anthony,

I have ran into the same issue with MCO Home, can you share your set up (xml) for the devices ? Or what parameters do you aet to what values ?

Thanks,
Gyula

I didnt play around with this yet, because I don’t have the need for this to function at this time. I just switched to Zwave JS, where it is unable to set associations at this point in time. I will try again when this function will be available in Zwave JS!

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct thread but I hope you guys can help.

I’m using several MCO switches most of them are detected but now this MH-S314. I tried removing and re-pairing and re-interviewing ( because I upgraded from old Z-wave to new Z-wave JS).

I checked that it’s also supported here.

Z-Wave JS Config DB Browser (zwave-js.io)

Also this youtube May 2021 shows that it is able to detect too.
MCOHome Z Wave Touch Switch and Home Assistant - YouTube

Thanks