Missing Unique ID Yeelight

Hi there,

I have a RGB Yeelight Bulb that i’m trying to pair it with Hassio, and i did that easy :slight_smile:

But, when i go to Entities section, and when i try to open the Configuration window of the entity it says that there is no unique ID for this entity.

For that reason i can’t use this bulb in automations for example. I know that bulb was working well with automations some time ago (and with other hassio version). But i don’t know what to do now.

Some suggestions?

Thanks !!

Did you enable LAN control on the lights from the app?

Also, you should probably specify model for each of those.

It’s not required, but will help in the event they happen to be down when home assistant boots.

There seems to be a growing misconception that you need to have a entry under ‘devices’ to create automations. This is not true. Any entry you see under ‘entities’ can be used to create automations, just use a ‘state’ trigger.

Ah ok got it, i was using the “Device” option under “Action Type” and there the yeelight light does not show. Using “Call Service” it works…

Sorry and many thanks xD!!

I stumbled on this issue when trying to add Yeelights to a specific area or room. It’s just not possible. I guess I wil add them (20) manually to a room in GH

Unique id was added to HA in version 0.111.0 .

Aah oké I’m on 110.4 did a rollback from 111.x since all my minis and hubs where inoperable. Still need to find time to read up on the possible fix for that