Monitor an external ESXI installation

I run my hass.io installation on one RPI3, but I have a server running VMWare ESXI(with IPMI interface if that matters) with various VM’s in, I am just curious if anyone know a way for HA to monitor the temp sensors(get a reading) of the motherboard in which I am running ESXI on so I can get a warning if temp of ex. my hdd’s get to high, fan’s stop running and so on?

Preferably I would also want to make HA take a decision and maybe shut down ESXI(which will make ESXI shut down all my VM’s first), and turn off my server? Would be perfect together with my APC monitoring that I already do in my HA installation.

I am currently monitoring my network equipment as well as server’s using SNMP and LibreNMS. LibreNMS has a built in API that I have started to build an integration with Home Assistant to monitor server and switch stats. It has the capability to monitor the status of esxi hosts as well. I have just started on this venture with the api but have been using the monitoring software for a year now and it has been great.

1 Like

I know this is an old posting. But did you have any luck with grabbing sensors from LibreNMS using the api?

Just can not figure it out. Any tips you could share?

1 Like

It’s been a while, but did you progress in using the API of LibreNMS?

Thank you,