Mosquito MQTT update v3 broke my hassio

you need to add a user in Hassio to match the logon details you have in your clients

No you don’t.

2 Likes

You don’t HAVE to just yet but the notes in the addon seem to indicate you will end a HA user eventually but for now you can use a local user.

Indeed, but I’m avoiding auth etc as much as possible until it all settles down, my set up just keeps working through updates without issue but a large number of the problems others have is directly related to it.

1 Like

@cogneato I see the exact behavior you describe.

However, I don’t see /mnt/data/supervisor. I don’t have such a folder. I’m running on Ubuntu. Is there somewhere else I can look for discovery.json?

on ubuntu it would be /usr/share/hassio/

Thank you. However, I don’t see a discovery.json file in /usr/share/hassio?

sorry. Is it maybe /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant ?

Not there either

#hassio channel : https://discord.gg/eFpaEM

Maybe we can see if you are actually having the same issue.

Try this then. From the command line type:

find / -name “discovery.json”

Thank you. The search came up empty. No file seems to exist at all!?

This issue has still not resolved on my end. Reverted to a snapshot last night with V2 on it then updated to V4. My devices connect but then time out. Can anyone tell me how to increase the Mqtt keepalive through tasmota terminal.

Perhaps but it’s been working pretty well for me. I think a lot of problems are self inflicted.

1 Like

Indeed again, your successes are always encouraging and yes, aren’t most of them :smile:

1 Like

if its any help to anyone, this is what i did before updating (and I didnt seem to have any problems):

1. Took a note of the MQTT addon settings and ensured the username was not ‘homeassistant’
  2. Removed mqtt: and all other settings for it from config.yaml
  3. Uninstalled the MQTT add-on (I thought this would no longer be needed to uninstalled it, but that seemed a mistake)
  4. Restarted HA
  5. Updated HA from 0.81.2 to 0.82.0
  6. Tried to add MQTT via the config / integrations page but it wouldnt add, so
  7. Installed MQTT add-on (this time it grabbed tha lastest version, 3)
  8. Went back into config / integrations and added MQTT

My MQTT devices work fine and I didnt have any crash issues…hoping it keeps going that way :crossed_fingers:

I didn’t read any were you had to add?

Seems to be BADLY broken.

1. Deleted mqtt: from config.
  2. Enabled and set up MQTT addon
  3. Configured ebusd to use same credentials
  4. Set up integration (discover on, but no devices found - im not sure if it should find anything)

Now ebusd is publishing to Mosquitto. Home Assistant sensor sees what ebusd publishes, but Home Assistant cannot publish to Mosquitto or ebusd cannot see what’s publish to Mosquitto - there’s only one-way communication here, but i cannot troubleshoot it, because…

neither mosquitto_pub nor mosquitto_sub commands work. Both commands seem to work, but _sub doesnt see any messages, and messages published by _pub dont reach the destination.

Have a look at your mosquito log to determine which client (HA or ebusd) is not authenticating correctly. Fix authentication for this client.

I’m not really sure wht the correct process is. i was expecting to ONLY add MQTT in the config / integrations section but it wouldn’t let me until after I added the MQTT mosquito add-on… I have a feeling that it SHOULD have worked simply in config / integration and that the add-on isn’t meant to be required, but it didnt work that way for me