Moving large amount of lights from HUE bridge to DECONZ

I am considering to move my 55+ HUE devices to DECONZ cause i dont like to be dependent on their cloud platform. First question is off-cause is this stable enough, lights just have to work for me and the rest of the family. the second question is how on earth do i move 55+ devices of wich aprox. 20 build in spots. I would also like (if possible) to have a fallback with the HUE app in case off.

any helpfull tips, ideas and or experiences?

First of all, if you connect HA to your hue bridge the connection is local. No cloud.

Second, what other devices are already on your conbee stick atm? Will they like or dislike the hue bulbs?

If you delete a bulb from the hue hub, the bulb is reset and will be ready for inclusion in deconz. So you dont need to manually reset each bulb with the Hue dimmer switch.

A direct binding between bulbs and switches is possible to create afterwards in deconz. That makes it possible to control the lights in case of failure for HA or deconz and is a nice fallback to have if anything happens with the computer running everything.

1 Like

I’m mostly running hue devices with my deconz gateway and it is very stable for me

1 Like

Oh really i had no idea about the local bridge connection, all other devices are xiaomi door,motion sensors and switches so do not expect any inverterense with these.

thanks for the reply, but knowing i am “cloud free” does take the urgency of the matter :slight_smile:

Glad I could help. For your info on every integration page on HA website there is this section which indicates the way the integration works. I’m this case local polling.

1 Like

Hello guys,

I am in a pretty similar position and i was wondering if it’s ok to have two zigbee network (hue + coinbee) + wifi in a house or it’s way better to group all of them on coinbee to have a better mesh ?
So far, my only concerne about all in coinbee is the limitation of number of device + the limitation on Hue Dimmer Switch /w deconz (no cycle through scene)

Thanks for your advice