MQTT Alarm Control Panel for Raspberry Pi and Android

Thank you so much for integrating a camera stream into this! That’s amazing.

I am having an issue where it always says “Max stream exceeded” though. I’ve bumped up the max streams to 3 but the UI after hitting save still shows 1.

It honestly could just be the crappy Fire Tablet I have it running on but just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this as well.

Thanks for reporting the issue. So you get the “Max stream exceeded” even with the default max streams set to 1 and you are also having an issue updating the number of streams allowed? So there are two issues correct?

I am running the app on a really old phone and I can get streaming video for 1 stream at least. This is with the defaults. Are you opening the stream in other places like HASS and a web browser? The more information I have the better I can help track down the issue.

Thanks!

I would assume the upping the max streams limit is a UI issue because when I go back to edit the max streams, it still holds the number I input, in this case 3.

I tried opening it just my web browser when first attempting to use the camera stream before adding it to HASS. That’s when I attempted to change the max streams.

I did tried adding it to HASS to see if it was just some weird issue with my phone browser but HASS also shows not being able to pull the stream but no errors in the HASS logs.

Yeah, that is some issue with the setting not getting updated.

So to clarify, you get max streams error using a single stream when you open the stream address in a browser? You also received no stream or error when opening in HASS. You are using the IP address of your Fire Tablet correct? Just checking everything.

I can verify this issue, the max number of streams reverts back to 1 when I change it, that’s a bug. I do see my stream from my old Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1. I can view it in both HASS and in the web browser without updating the number of streams.

Here is what I am using for my HASS configuration.yaml file, with the IP address of my device:

camera:
  - platform: mjpeg
    mjpeg_url: http://192.168.86.38:2971/camera/stream
    name: Alarm Panel Camera

And in my browser just http://192.168.86.38:2971/camera/stream

Correct. I am not getting any stream or error in HASS. Below is what I’m seeing in HASS.

What I have set in HASS for the camera stream is mjpeg_url: http://192.168.86.159:2971/stream/camera. That is the Fire Tablet’s IP that is also DHCP Reserved on my Google WiFi.

I am getting “Max Streams Exceeded” on my phone browser even with the HASS component disabled.

More than likely, this could be an issue with the Fire Tablet itself. I will try my Nexus 6 when I get back home to see if it works properly there.

I haven’t really tried in a phone browser, I am testing from laptop computer. Try viewing the stream on a different device to test, just to see.

Just to clarify, with 1 stream set I can only view the feed in either my browser or HASS but not both at the same time. I get the “Image not available” in HASS when I load my stream in my browser. I don’t get any error on my browser though if I already have the stream loaded in HASS, just HASS stops streaming the image and the browser stream takes over. I am using v0.8.2 Build 8.

Be sure to also do the camera test in the settings, if you see the image there you should be good to stream or capture motion.

VPN’d into my home network and still getting the issue with the Max Stream Exceeded in FireFox on my laptop.

I did a camera test before I left for work and I could see a video feed.

I’ll do more troubleshooting when I get home and see what I can do.

Yeah, I would be interested in what you see when you are home in your own network. Please test it when you can and let me know. I will issue a bug for the maximum stream setting not updating followed by a fix in a future update.

I fixed the number of allowed streams issue and rolled out an update, look for v0.8.2.beta.9 or get the latest from Github.

1 Like

Found an issue with the app’s MQTT configuration. It seems like the state topic may only work when it is set to the app’s default “home/alarm”. I was using a custom “alarmpanel/alarm” and “alarmpanel/alarm/set” in the app and my HA component. The command topic worked as expected but the state topic failed to update the alarm status in your app. Changed both topics in my HA component to match your apps defaults and all is resolved.

Do you know which version you are using? You can go into settings then about to see the version number. I assume this was the latest release, but need to be sure.

0.8.3 Build 1. I’m on the beta program on one device but not the other, and had the same issue on both.

OK, thanks

Since you have implemented a lot of what I liked about WallPanel into AlarmPanel I’ve decided to give it a go. I’m currently configuring but have noticed a few UI issues on the app in landscape mode. See attached.

Also I don’t seem to be able to get the face detection to wake the screen. it shows face its detected in camera test but its not waking in use.

Thanks for bringing these features to AlarmPanel :slight_smile:

What device and screen resolution are you using again? If it’s not standard then I have to add a layout to support the screens density of your device. I will test Face Detection . Thanks.

Thanks, here’s the specs of my tablet:

Actually the only sensor that getting though via MQTT is alarmpanel battery. No motion or face.

Also no MPEG video from camera. All settings are turned on. All worked ok with WallPanel.