My Docker Stack

Since it’s an Amazon S3 “clone”, pretty much anything you can do with Amazon S3, you should be able to do with minio.

It’s a really cool piece of software. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, Let me see how far I can go.

Thanks @flamingm0e, I pretty much did everything you suggested - even moving to a NGINX reverse proxy for TLS.

I haven’t quiet grasped networking in Docker yet, but ideally I would (at some point in the future) like to use hostnames rather than hardcoded IP addresses in the HA configuration such that if i get a new router or the HOST ip address because I move the Docker configuration to a new machine, then I can pretty much get failover with little downtime through config file editing.

In any-case, moving away from Hass.io to Docker on Ubuntu was the best thing i’ve done.

The beauty of Docker host networking is that you only need the ONE IP of the docker host to use. You can put that in your secrets.yaml and call it wherever you need it, only having to change it in ONE location. :wink:

Hi @flamingm0e.
I used some of ur compose.yml for my docker setup, one of those is for postgress, but I’m having issue with updating postgress container… Every time i update, DB is gone - deleted, probably something with volume setup… Here is my compose file:

container_name: postdb
  restart: unless-stopped
  image: postgres:latest
  volumes:
    - /home/USER/docker/postgres:/var/lib/postgresql
    - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
  environment:
    - POSTGRES_DB=DBNAME
    - POSTGRES_USER=USERNAME
    - POSTGRES_PASSWORD=PASSWORD
  ports:
    - "5432:5432"```

I don’t think the DB is gone. You simply cannot migrate between major versions on Postgres without a LOT of work to export your database and reimport it. It is a pain in the ass. Check your logs on the container, you will likely find an error stating the database was created with an earlier version and cannot start.

I have gone from 9 to 10 to 11…not fun

Hmmm… Didn’t know that…
Thank’s! You saved me from going nuts here! Wished I have posted sooner… :rofl:
Oh well… We will have to stop updating Postgres then :wink:

You can try this:

I have not had a chance to try it, I have done it all the “manual” way. Export, upgrade, import

Thank’s, gonna try that next time I’m updating.

Hi Guys, what is the best reverse proxy to use with docker, I’m using traefik currently but it’s a bit cumbersome to configure. I checked HAproxy and Zevenet could also do the job but haven’t investigated this yet.

My current docker stack.
Portainer
Plex
Guacamole
Motioneye
Home Assistant
pi-hole
mqtt
tasmoadmin
unifi
traefik

My server a Mini Nuc 4gb i3, Running Proxmox, using cloudflare for DNS with SSL

NGINX with LetsEncrypt. This is the image: linuxserver/letsencrypt

1 Like

I always use NGINX

1 Like

I’ve been very happy with Caddy, used nginx before switching.

1 Like

As finity “NGINX with LetsEncrypt. This is the image: linuxserver/letsencrypt”

Did you ever find a fix to this, or how to build a new file.

Super new to Docker as well, seem’s like the way forward, but have problems with getting pymysql setup inside my home assistant docker container over restarts.

I understand/think I need to build a custom image from the HA image, but how to do that exactly is currently beyond my skill level.

Just managed to work out docker compose all ok, but building a new image has me puzzled at the moment.

Are you sure it’s not included in the image?

Yeah it just errors out when I try using the db link that worked previously on my debian install.

recorder:
db_url: “mysql+pymysql://homeassistant:[email protected]:3306/homeassistant?charset=utf8”

If i do an apt-get install pymsql in the container, it works fine, just obviously it loose’s it when the container restarts.

Why are you using pymysql? You can do just mysql.

1 Like

Have you tried it ? I couldn’t get it work with just plain mysql,

I followed the problems in this thread, and the pymsql is the only combination I could get to work for me.

My sql database works fine, I use it for my kodi libary.

No, I use Postgresql

That’s weird that the HA documents state it should work. I wonder if a bug was introduced at some point that made it stop.