My hassio.local brick...and feature request

I took two power outages during the last winter storm and noticed my AIO hass pi wasn’t rebooting. The error logs said Python 3.4 was deprecated. Time to upgrade anyway. Download hassio. I downloaded the script, got it etched to a new sd card, plugged it in and look at a white background with the hass logo. I waited until I could get the webpage. I add ssh and samba and while trying to get mqtt working, I noticed it’s not even a broker without the config entry. So I go to add it. I then noticed samba stopped. Then I couldn’t ssh. Power cycle the pi to see the logo screen. Guess the new sd card went bad. I go to bed. The next day I redo the image onto my previous sd card. Turn it on and wait and wait while looking at a useless logo screen. Think maybe the old pi got a surge too. Reflash the sd card again and put it on a new pi I had for another project. I don’t have the fastest internet (2 dsl connections I bond together with a pfsense router). Splash screen still just shows white with the logo… So useful. I have no idea how long to wait.

Feature request: Be nice if it gave the state of the pi… cpu usage, mem usage, is hass service on/off, the homeassistant.log file, first time boot download indicator etc. Something… Anything… Unless it can communicate with me somehow that I need to wait longer it’s just a brick since ssh, samba are disabled at boot and I’m waiting for the webpage for an hour or so.

Thanks for listening. I’ll eventually figure it out… I do love Home Assistant and hope my experience can help make this better.

I never thought I would say this but think I would prefer dots in circles… or… even (gulp) “working on updates” lol I can’t help but give windows 10 credit for informing me that it is updating half the time I need it to use it. lol

I’m in business. Took a day but I was finally able to sign into Home Assistant. Maybe tonight I can turn on the lights!!