My RPi3B+ with Hassio lose wifi connection every day

If you build an environmental sensor you want to build a mobile system, then move it and measure the conditions in a room or under the porch (until I build others to use them fixed in a network of sensors). If you have to show it to your students in class, you want something compact and mobile and different from the usual laptop. If you want to take it with you then you don’t carry 5kg of stuff, not to mention the size. There are many reasons why you want to use something small as hardware … otherwise I wouldn’t buy an RPi :wink:

Ok, I think I understand. So, you are adding sensors to your rPI running HA for educational purposes? That makes sense. I wasn’t sure why anyone would want a portable home controller. LOL

Thanks for the explanation. :slight_smile:

Two in one… educational and personal solution… the latter is the principal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to add that as of today, I am seeing the same errors on my RPi4 with 4GB RAM model B.

With an Rpi4? Strange… have you find any other with same behavior?

I have only really been running HA OS on the RPi 4. Though when I installed there was no specific RPi 4 image, so as was recommended on the download page at the time, I installed a RPi 3 image.

I readed that this issue is not OS related, but it happen when the wifi is on for a long time… I have found in my case that it didn’t works at the change of day… 00:00 around…(+/- 30 minutes)… and is correlated with Rpi3B+ hardware… very strange…

oh, sure… i realized now that this problem is even related to the Linux kernel (readed somewhere), so if you have used the RPi3 OS image you have took the kernel with this issue in your system too. Of course all is a bit strange. I repeat myself.

This might also be a solution:

1 Like

Thank you very much for this valuable contribution @solarjoe. At the moment I have reinstalled everything (for data corruption after update) and I have no longer configured the wifi for my Rpi3B+, I’m going on wired network. But sooner or later I’ll re-insert it (I’m a little busy in this period) and I’ll use these parameters you linked … fundamental will be “connection.autoconnect-retries: 0”. If, in the meantime, anyone wants to experiment and would like to share their experience, I will be the first to be grateful.
Thank you again!