My Whole Z-Wave Network Just up and vanished

I am having similar problems. I’ve installed a zwave aeotec z stick gen 5 and a four in one sensor. Get everything up and running, but it just doesn’t work after a reboot. The stick shows as “unknown” and the node shows “entity not available”. Happens each time I reboot HASS.io. This is not the first time either. Not sure what is going on, but I can’t get it to work consistently or reliably.

I’m running HASS.io in a docker.

Its just gone and done it again…following a restart all my nodes were gone!!

This time I’ve resorted to doing Z-Wave network stops and restarts and network heal operations. I now have most nodes responding! I seem to have lost one door sensor that so far has refused to come back.

I am tired of this!!!

How are you “restarting” Home Assistant?
Are you running Hass.IO or a venv install?

Neither - I am running Docker. I usually do a docker restart hass to restart the system

Make a backup copy of your ozwcfg.xml file, issuing a docker restart doesn’t allow the OZW stack time to shutdown properly and causes it to mess up the xml file.

When firing up your docker backup copy the backup over the ozwcfg.xml before hand and you should be fine.

Would stopping HA from the Configuration > General and then bouncing the docker be the preferred method then? With as many breaking changes I have seen in the last few updates HA docker gets bounced quite a bit to sort them all out. Would be nice to know the “best practices” for doing a restart. Earlier versions around 0.7x didn’t seem to care but I have noticed since around 0.84 or so z-wave nodes will fail to come back. And the latest 0.95 without an entity registry file seems to like it even less. Had of the same devices showing up for hours today

Whenever I do any serial restarting of HA (restarting over and over) I always wait until all of my nodes show as “ready” for all of my mains powered devices. By then the battery powered devices should all be back up too.