Mysensor + resend

Hi all,

I’m using now homeassistant + mysensor in three locations.
It’s realy cool to use it.
In one of those, I’m using homeautomation to regulate 650m² in temperature with mysensors connected to the boiler.
And with my home, I received Slack messages when a friend ring at the door.
Amazing.
But, (because there is always a “but”) some times, my sended message are sometimes failing. Then to be reliable, I have to send three times the command with a delay of 1 second betwen those commands.
Is that possible, in the mysensor component to resend message if a fail is encountered? Normally, if you send 6 times a message with fails, then mysensors device wil search a new way.
Is that possible?

Perhaps use an automation that tries to change state until the correct state is achieved through feedback from the mysensors actuator?

Perhaps it’s possible, but with 20 relays, it’s really loud to make 20 automation with this correction.
And I think it’s problem in the “protocol communication”, not in my automation or GUI.
Today, my wife say to me “why I will click manytimes to switch on or off the light???”

just make sure the device gets the message.
if you see that a specific device doesnt get the message regularly, make a repeater somewhere in between.

you can also use Appdaemon to listen to all or some of your mysensor switches and let it retry untill its set.
i have done that for some switches too.

1 Like

I had the same sort of issue with changing the state of 2 switches too quickly…you shouldnt have to put a 1 second delay in…i currently have a delay(20) just after i change a state and that fixed the issue for me…

Hope this helps…

Lee