Nabucasa invalid certificate found

Hi,

I finished the nabucasa trial, canceled and then I subscribed but now I don’t get the URL.
The errors I get:

Can't revoke certificate: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Certificate is expired
Unexpected error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/iot_base.py", line 106, in connect
    await self._handle_connection()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/iot_base.py", line 179, in _handle_connection
    results = await asyncio.gather(*[cb() for cb in self._on_connect])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/remote.py", line 148, in load_backend
    await self._acme.reset_acme()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/acme.py", line 382, in reset_acme
    await self.cloud.run_executor(self._revoke_certificate)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/acme.py", line 320, in _revoke_certificate
    raise AcmeClientError() from None
hass_nabucasa.acme.AcmeClientError

Anyone experiencing the same issue? what can I do now?

Did you try logging out and back in at Configuration > Home Assistant Cloud?

trying now. I get the same error

maybe I have to remove any existing local certificate? but I don’t know where is stored. will it generate another certificate again?

Should happen automatically I’d imagine. Maybe try restarting Home Assistant, and if that doesn’t work, contact Nabu Casa support.

I tried that also. how do I contact nabu casa support?

https://www.nabucasa.com/support/

1 Like

I also noticed that I click on “certificate get info” in Configuration->Home assistant cloud I get this:

Certificate expiration date November 18, 2019, 10:27 PM
(Will be automatically renewed)

Certificate fingerprint: ******************

Certificates are stored in your config directory in the hidden .cloud directory. Try signing out of cloud, deleting that folder and restarting HA. Sign back in and you should have new files generated. This takes a minute so be patient. Don’t repeat this process several times because you can hit a rate limit from LetsEncrypt.

Just curious: Did you maybe restore an older .cloud folder from a previous snapshot?

4 Likes

yes. I might have done that by mistake.

this fix worked. thank you

Good to know!

This fix also worked for me thank you for this contribution