Need advice on intergrating my growatt inverter

Hello, HA experts. Two months ago I jumped into the HA ecosystem with zero knowledge. Thus far it’s been a great experience, and I’ve been able to get everything up and running with some help from Google.

However, I’m not happy with the default growatt integration. It only updates every 5 minutes, and I have no means of controlling my inverter. I plan on adding a battery to my PV system and since I’ve chosen for dynamic energy prices, I want to be able to automate import/export settings. My inverter (SPH8000 TL3 BH-UP) is already hooked up to an energy meter in the fuse panel via Modbus, so I’d like to take full advantage of that for my energy dashboard.

I’ve been looking for solutions in all over the internet, and now I’m a little overwhelmed. The first one I found is Grott. I think it allows me to control my inverter, but I feel like the implementation goes over my head. I’ve also looked at GowattESPhome and OpenInverterGateway on GitHub, but it seems like these options need some customization to work with my three-phase inverter.

TL;DR: Please recommend me a (relatively) user-friendly integration for my Growatt inverter. I lack experience, so these things cost me a lot of time. I’d like to make sure I’m not investing it in the wrong tool.

My apologies for the novel. Your advice is much appreciated

Now be careful with that. If the sensor uses the cloud, you may send too many requests and the sensor rate limit and will stop the sensor from working at all. Also the more you ask for data, the more data you get, the bigger your database, etc…

There may be a very good reason why the rate is set to where it is, I don’t know.

You’re right, my account has been blocked for 24h on multiple occasions because of the API calls in HA. And that is on the default interval (I’m pretty sure I cant change it). That’s why I want a local, realtime intergration.