Need an automation of ENTER every 2 or 3 hrs for my roku ultra

Hello:
I need to contact a developer for the following, I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction.
I need software for my ROKU ULTRA device, I am in the need of having one of the apps to be running 24/7 however the inactivity timeout is 4 hrs, after 4 hrs the app sends a message: Are you still watching… and goes idle until it gets a response. I understand the ROKU ULTRA has a remote that works over the wifi network, it is not IR, my question is:
Is there a way to program an ENTER every 2 or 3 hrs so the Roku does not go to idle mode waiting for a response?

Best regards

Eduardo Cortez

Create an automation with a time pattern trigger that calls the remote.send_command service with an enter command.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Tediore, however I have no idea how to do that. Can you point me in the right direction? a tutorial maybe or a developer, I am willing to pay for this service.

Thank you very much

Add to your automation file(s):

- alias: Repeat ENTER
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    platform: time_pattern
    hours: "/3"
  action:
  - service: remote.send_command
    data:
      entity_id: remote.roku #replace with your remote entity ID, if different
      command:
      - enter

Along with what I linked in the first comment:

1 Like

Thanks a lot again Tediore, this is amazing, I greatly appreciate it.

SO I see what I have to do is:

1.- Have Home Assistant running on a Raspberry Pi
2.- Add the automation you sent me

I have never uses the home assistant before, I will start watching tutorials or something, on the other hand I have no idea what a Rasperry Pi is…

I guess I need some kind of hardware and some kind os software as well.

Can you sell me or point me in the direction of what I have to purchase? I guess this is easier than it looks… but for now it is not easy at all for me…

or maybe you can develop this for me? and teach me to place it on motion? I am willing to be charged for this, of course…

Thanks a lot

Eduardo Cortez

No prob. Start here. You don’t need to run Home Assistant on a raspberry pi. You can install it anywhere you can run Linux. The alternative installation method link at that page provides more info.

But yeah, once you install home assistant, add the Roku integration to your setup and add what I supplied above to your automations.yaml file.

Thanks a lot