Need Help! USB Device keeps disconnecting

HELP!!!

I migrated all of my Zigbee Devices to Zigbee2MQTT and it had been working fine. Recently it started to become unstable and it appears I’m having issues with my HASS.IO VM losing connection to the USB Port. I need help badly to get it all operating.

I’m running to current patch of hassio on a VM running on an ESXI 6.7 host. I’ve had USB passthrough working fine before, so I don’t think that’s the issue (I hope not anyway). On the cole, I’m getting a message pop up … cdc_acm 2-2.1:1.0: failed to sdet dtr/rts …seemingly each time I lose connection to the USB port.

I’m not really much of a Linux person, so I’m not entirely sure what that message means. It was working fine for a while. I think I can attribute the instability to losing connection to the zigbee2MTTT controller, but I can’t be sure. I really don’t want to go back to using SmartThings. Can someone help?

I’m having the same issue. Using a CC2531 controller and HassOS in a VM on Windows 10.

The Windows 10 device manager states that the USB “device descriptor request failed”.

Initially this seemed to be related to USB power management. Disabling various USB sleep options seemed to work for a short time but now it’s back to being incredibly unstable and only lasts for a few minutes before getting that error again.

I’m going to try a fresh VM and I’ve also ordered a different controller so I can test.