Neo Coolcam PIR

You have to add this to your configuration.yaml

config:
And this
zwave:

But i think about control panel as show user claudio in post 9 this thread.

That screenshot is from Open Z-wave Control Panel, a software that was used earlier to handle zwave units. Nowadays youā€™ll find everything you need included in HASS.

Ok thanks for infoā€¦

anyone tried to configur it with new model NAS-PD01W connected via WiFi ?

https://www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/neo-nas-pd01w-wifi-pir-ios-android-wifi-for-home-surface-mounted_p6660065.html?prm=1.3.70.0

I am afraid battery life will be much shorter for this Wifi version vs z-wave. But I am not sure.

Hiā€¦ Anyone able to set ā€œConfig Parameterā€ for Coolcam PIR ? iam running hassoi v 0.76.0
Under ā€œZ-Wave Network Managementā€ i select my coolcam PIR under the node drop-down. but the drop-down for Config Parameter is empty.
But if i select other device like FIBARO, i get list of Config Parameter than i can changeā€¦

T

No problems for me, I get 10 different parameters to choose from.

Iā€™m running HASS in Docker, v 0.76.1.

Is anyone able to help me?

I canā€™t seem to get my CoolCam PIR sensor to report LUX values.

The motion works fine & the temp seem to work ok, just the LUX value never changes. Itā€™s always 4.0.

Is there a setting that needs changing for this to work??

Iā€™ve tried removing & readding, and also tried ā€œmanually waking the nodeā€ but still the LUX is always 4.0

Many thanks

See my answer a couple post above.

Many thanks for your reply.

I have read this thread a few times as I had some issues first setting up my zwave stuff and found the info I needed in this thread.

I just noticed this above which I havenā€™t tried yet so Iā€™ll give this a go later tonight. Hopefully it will do the trick as Iā€™d like to get 2 more of these & start using the LUX

It has always been my understanding that the lux sensor of the Coolcam PIRs are non functional.

I have taken to deleting the entity registry file in HA once I have done all my Z-Wave adding and renaming - seems to allow all the devices to be rediscovered with the names that I have assigned them. Doesnt affect existing devices as they are rediscovered with the same names

Iā€™ve tried to add the code as mentioned in your post but (I think it might be down to the version/installation of HA Iā€™m running) but when I restart HA the file just reverts back to its original.

I did read that this is because its the Zwave side that creates that file & thereā€™s a way to do it but itā€™s over my head. Iā€™ll save that for another day I think.

Thatā€™s a shame, Iā€™m sure there are a few posts above with people who have them working. It would be ideal if I could get mine working.

Just checked and indeed it is working for me right now :slight_smile: Sorry for my wrong comment.

I just changed configuration option number 9 to 20 lux, expecting it to show more accurate lux values this way.

Hi, why? They are working fine on my 5 Coolcam PIRs sensors.

Sorry I read your answer after writing mine. Iā€™m glad itā€™s working for you now.

Does anybody else have battery issues?

I have one of these neo cool cam sensors and when they work, they work great. The lux and pir sensor report flawlessly.

The problem is when I restart home assistant sometimes the battery dies if I donā€™t wake it up right that very minute.

I just had a reboot and I forgot to push the wake button for 5 minutes and it wouldnā€™t wake up. Tried a different battery and it worked. The first battery still had 79% the day before. And this isnā€™t the first time. This way Iā€™ll be replacing the battery every month.

Anybody else have this problem?

This is not right. I have several neo coolcam sensors and neither of them has had problems draining batteries. However, I had to change one because it stopped working. Maybe itā€™s just broken.