Nest without Developer Account

I’m new to home assistant and was shocked to see that integration with nest is no longer available. I’m currently using an ISY994i and have full integration via Polyglot 2.0 and this integration https://github.com/Einstein42/udi-nest-poly. There is no need for a developer account and it work great. Hopefully someone much smarter than me can determine what method is available and port over to work with Home Assistant.

Um, the code in that link uses a Nest developer account, it just comes preloaded with the key to one. Lines 26-29 of nest-poly.py are below:

# These are specific to e42's implemntation of this NodeServer at developer.nest.com.
# If you have your own Nest developer account, feel free to use your own.
PRODUCTID = '<redacted>'
PRODUCTSECRET = '<redacted>'

And the current Nest implementation is working fine, just click the “Create OAuth Client” button over at the Nest dev site and everything works.

Yes so basically e42 is using a nest developer account so users do not have one can still use it. Am I missing something? Is this article no longer relevant? https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2019/01/24/nest-cannot-access-data/

Yes, the linked article is wrong. The title of it even says “Update: We are wrong”. You can still sign up for Nest dev accounts and API OAuths, there’s just a banner saying “We are not doing commercial integrations at this time” (paraphrasing a bit there) that’s been there for about 18 months.

Follow the Nest component page to set up an account and it all works just fine.

I’m trying to create a nest developer account. I’ve set it up as per instructions on the nest component page, but the nest developer page displays:

We’re sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again later.
Adapter Error.

Any idea what this means?

Update for anyone following:
I clicked the cancel button and Client ID and Client Secret, together with other details are displayed, so it seems to have worked. Though the “Client Secret” field is blank. When I click it I receive a pop up bubble that says “copied”, but it just pastes the “Client Secret” data.

Update 2:
I deleted the product and recreated it. This time I have a “Client Secret”.