Netatmo Doorbell

I have not attempted yet, I wanted some feedback first.
I just installed it yesterday, busy the rest of the day today; I plan on attempting it tomorrow.

I don’t know if you will be able to. Netatmo’s own web app does not allow live video; the mobile app you have to ‘phone’ the doorbell to see video.
doorbell

1 Like

Thanks for the insights. I was not aware of that or at least I can’t remember that it wasn’t.

Two entities for the doorbell:

binary_sensor.doorbell
camera.doorbell

doorbell being my creative name for the doorbell which has the default of “Smart Video Doorbell”
camera is the camera, of course.
The binary sensor is motion detection.
There is no ‘live stream’ on the camera unless there is motion. It appears that pressing the doorbell button will also active the camera.
*** Need to observe more to verify ***
I have verified that the binary_sensor is for motion not related to the button.
I’m not entirely sure yet, but it appears that the camera is just a one time snap shot picture on motion or button press.

Edit: Picture will disappear after about 12 minutes of no motion.

2 Likes

Would also be very happy with a real integration for the doorbell. Let’s hope Netatmo will publish the API soon!

Didn’t succeed yet in pairing the doorbell with hass via Homekit. If anybody can help me with that, that would be great

For me, the Homekit Controller setup was straight forward.
HA auto-detected the doorbell via Homekit Controller after I had set it up via the Netatmo App. I do not have homekit proper or use any IOS device. For the setup all that I had to do was enter the homekit pairing code that came in the doorbell packaging, then HA pulled in the motion sensor and camera feed. That was all that was done.
HA

1 Like

Camera Snapshot would be enough for me. How can I add the doorbell to my HA? Thank you.

Short answer: Right now, you simply don’t.

Long answer: You spin up a dev environment and/or put together a custom component which implements the feature along with an unreleased version of pyatmo. But I would neither recommend nor support that.

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt reply. Do you already have an appointment when the implementation will be ready?

No. Because neither would I make any promises when to provide feature X nor do I (or anyone else outside Netatmo AFAIK) have access to the documentation required.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for your research on the subject.
Can you add what you managed to get on the integration ? I just need the webhook events to trigger a TTS for when the ring button is pressed.

Thanks in advance,
Maxime P.

Well, since I neither have such a device nor access to such a setup it is difficult to work on this. Webhook event support might be possible though even without documentation.

I have a Netatmo Doorbell and looked into the API demo on the Netatmo dev page.
This doorbell reports like a camera I think:

curl -X GET "https://api.netatmo.com/api/gethomedata" -H "accept: application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer 00000000000000000000secret"

cameras:[
{
id:"secret"
type:"NDB"
vpn_url:"https://prodvpn-eu-3.netatmo.net/restricted/secret"
is_local:false
websocket_connected:true
sd_status:"on"
alim_status:"on"
name:"Deurbel"
last_setup:1620406306
quick_display_zone:50
max_peers_reached:false

Yes, but there still is no public API/documentation and the video was just garbage.

Something changed recently (last few days) with the doorbell camera. The doorbell shows the video all the time now in both HA and the Netatmo App, this was not the case before.
However, now my presence cameras take several minuets to update if they update to show an image at all. Has anyone else had any changes?

how do you implement the video from the doorbell in HA?

When I installed the doorbell, HA just saw it as a homekit integration. Since I just installed it, I still had the card with the homekit code and was able to add it in HA. I don’t use apple products for the most part, so it is not limited to just their ecosystem. After adding it, I got video and a motion/presence binary from that integration. My son has an ipad, so I will probably at some point in time add the presence cameras via homekit since that is the only way without having the codes.

1 Like

Vera interesting. My Homekit integration only finds 2 products. I have more than 20 in HomeKit. I hope that Netatmo release an open api soon.

I don’t fully understand the homekit discovery. Of the cameras only the doorbell was discovered and not the four presence cameras. After about 6 months my router showed up as a homekit integration…however, it came with no homekit code so I can’t set it up (I think it was a firware update on the router that enabled it).

This is very interesting indeed.
@GlennHA, have you tried if it’s possible now that you have the camera in HA, to integrate it simultaneusly with your Apple ecosystem (your son’s iPad) using the HA Homekit skill?

If that works, then there is no compromise and it would be both in HA and Apple Homekit.
Regards,
Daniel