Netatmo Error at startup with no cameras

Hi,

I have a Netatmo weather station and 6 Netatmo Radiator valves. I thought that my radiator valves would turn up in HA but seems like they are not supported, true? Do I need to post a feature request?

However on each startup I get the following error - I do not have any cameras. :slight_smile: Bug?

2018-01-29 09:19:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Error while setting up platform netatmo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 189, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=self.hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 392, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 274, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/binary_sensor/netatmo.py", line 75, in setup_platform
    if not data.get_camera_names():
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/netatmo.py", line 84, in get_camera_names
    self.update()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 306, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/netatmo.py", line 115, in update
    self.camera_data = lnetatmo.CameraData(self.auth, size=100)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/smart_home/Camera.py", line 78, in __init__
    self.default_camera = list(self.cameras[self.default_home].values())[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

My Configuration:

netatmo:
  api_key: !secret netatmoapikey
  secret_key: !secret netatmosecretkey
  username: [email protected]
  password: !secret netatmopassword

climate:
  platform: netatmo

sensor netatmo:
  platform: netatmo
  station: xxxx

Hi, same problem here…
I’ve only a thermostat and let HA discover the device. I got the same exact stacktrace.
My configuration is:

# Netatmo
netatmo:
  api_key: !secret netatmo_api_key
  secret_key: !secret netatmo_secret_key
  username: [email protected]
  password: !secret netatmo_password

Exactly the same here on 0.63.0 - has been like this for several versions. Weather station works fine but radiator relay and valves are not discovered. No netatmo camera installed.

After investigating the component a bit it seems like it’s not related to the HA component specifically, rather a external repo that hasn’t been updated for a while. This is where the error comes from. I’ve actually updated this code to work but a haven’t committed it yet.

Radiator valves are not supported by the Netatmo API, that’s why they do not appear. I asked Netatmo support when they would be available through the API and the answer I got is this:
"The API for valves will be available Q1 of this year,"
So once the data for valves are added to Netatmo API, the external component needs to be updated before we can update the HA Netatmo component.

I’m not the developer for either of these components but I’ll probably spend some time to get vavles into HA once the API is available.

1 Like

Look forward to the valves being supported… Thanks a lot for your time, much appreciated!