Netatmo I miss some values after 0.117 update

After yesterday’s update, I am missing some values from Netatmo. The min and max values of the temperatures are no longer displayed. The battery indicators are also not available. Otherwise we still have the problem

1 Like

These are (unfortunately) removed by design in 0.117.

Not mentioned in the release blog post for some reason but you can read more on what’s happened and why here

Anyway, easy enough to recreate in HA as noted in the PR

1 Like

The minimum and maximum temperatures are, respectively, the lowest and the highest temperature of the day, measured from midnight to midnigh: Netatmo Web Site.

How to do that in HA please?

I’m using Daily Sensor (installed via HACS) to do this…working fine for my needs :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Hi Can you please add the sample config to add the sensors here. It is missing from on the page I added the HACS add on. But not sure what the config should be like

There’s no config in YAML, all done through config flow in UI.

The details are there in the link I’ve tagged above but in short it’s a case of installing addon, rebooting and then back in HA go to Configuration, then Integrations. Click the PLUS in bottom right and search for Daily Sensor to install the Sensor.
Once installed a new box will pop up asking you to choose an existing sensor (eg Netatmo Outdoor Temp) and the function to run against it (eg Max). This will create a new sensor in HA with for example Today’s Max Outdoor Temp and so on.
Repeat the sensor setup (by adding a new sensor) for as many min/max/mean sensors you need…

I’ve setup my sensors as below

1 Like

Thanks yes it worked. But I still believe the sensors shouldn’t been removed from what I read so far. It looks like some non-Netatmo using developer decided people don’t need this just going to remove it.

Don’t disagree with you, but based on what I’ve read Netatmo asked for those sensors to be removed.
Seems HA is putting too heavy a load on their servers…so a case of better to have a slightly reduced level of integration than none at all :+1:t2:

This is your opinion and yours to keep. If you don’t like it feel free to run submit a PR or use a custom component.

Exactly this. Netatmo asked us to reduce polling and remove min/max specifically since those values are fetched about every 10 minutes.

1 Like

So now if every user decided to do the averaging by themselves using methods like the Daily sensor it allows them to poll lesser say 5 mins it going to create even more hits for them? How can the Average hit high values it is hard to believe unless of course most people mis configured? Say trying to log history and polling very frequently. So, it is the wrong way to fix something that is broken.

No, it does not. All values are fetched about every 10 minutes. This is nothing you can change as a user unless you run your own custom component.

I think you might be mixing things up here a little…

with 0.116.x Home Assistant via the Netatmo component queries the Netatmo servers directly for the various min/max information. Netatmo have asked(told) HA developers to stop this practice as it’s causing a load issue with there server…we can argue this point all day but ultimately it’s Netatmo’s call.

Given that these sensors are removed in 0.117.x they need to be calculated/created on a per user basis if the user wants to have this info. As we’ve discussed above the Daily Sensor component is an easy way to achieve this.
The difference in using Daily Sensor to surface the Min/Max vs in 0.116.x sensor is that Daily Sensor is calculating the configured sensors locally on your own Home Assistant instance using the data/history already there and does not call outside servers/services (eg Netatmo) to do this so the issue with load on Netatmo’s servers is mitigated (and you still have the same info available if you want it).

1 Like

I did just this Added a Daily Sensor tock the enteti from ex sensor.xxx_station_max_temp Took Mxa as valut and C didn’t change interwall

But i don’t get any readings from it Where did i go wrong?

You need to select the main sensor the in the Daily Sensor config rather than the (now removed) Min or Max that came from Netatmo.
So in your example instead of sensor.xxx_station_max_temp you setup the new Daily Sensor from sensor.xxx_station_temp (or whatever your temp sensor is called) and this then calculates the min / max from that sensor on a day to day basis

Thanks that works a bit any way :slight_smile: But the Outdoor sensor is not working and its almost a flat line

Any tips?

Think it needs 24 hours (well past midnight) to calc properly…give it until tomorrow and see what it looks like.
Give an update here and we can see from there :+1:t2:

It works

But not as a graph but that is not super important

Any one else that has lost the information again ? It just stat “Entity is non-numeric: sensor.max_temp_inne” or Unavailiable (se above that it used to be)