Netatmo Live Stream Presence / Welcome

Hi everybody,

I have an issue with the Neatmo component.

I installed the component and all was working fine but after a reboot of Hass I haven’t anymore the Netatmo stream cameras devices on the dashboard.

Others devices like Temperature , Noise, Humidity work fine.

I have this message in the log
Error while setting up platform netatmo
10:19 components/camera/netatmo.py (ERROR)

Tue Feb 20 2018 10:19:17 GMT+0100 (Paris, Madrid)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 84, in async_setup
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py", line 245, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/camera/netatmo.py", line 49, in setup_platform
    camera_type, verify_ssl)])
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/camera/netatmo.py", line 68, in __init__
    camera=camera_name
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/smart_home/Camera.py", line 165, in cameraUrls
    temp_local_url = resp['local_url']
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

I’m newbie so I don’t know what means the message …

Hi

I have the same problem. The camera has always worked very well, but since yesterday I have the following message: camera not available. Others devices work fine (température, Humidity…).

In Dev-state section < >, the entitie camera.home has disappeared

Same Logs Errors:

Blockquote
Log Details (ERROR)
Tue Mar 27 2018 09:45:54 GMT+0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d’été))
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 82, in async_setup
SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 358, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 245, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/camera/netatmo.py”, line 49, in setup_platform
camera_type, verify_ssl)])
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/camera/netatmo.py”, line 68, in init
camera=camera_name
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/smart_home/Camera.py”, line 165, in cameraUrls
temp_local_url = resp[‘local_url’]
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable

Problems with Python?

I do not think the problem comes from Netatmo, because the camera works well under ImperiHome program.

Please help us, thank

Hi, the netatmo welcome come back to me yesterday. :relieved:

Thx

Sorry I have not seen your message …

I’m happy thaht you problem is solved :slight_smile:

I will close the topic because after ugrading HA I don’t a the problem anymore.

I have the same problem with my netatmo presence.
What is the solution to configure?

Hi,
sorry, I can’t help you because I don’t know how to solve that issue

Hi, I have a question for you, owners of a Netatmo welcome camera.
Is it possibile to see the live stream of the camera in home assistant by using the Netatmo Camera component?

The documentation only says:

This component allows you to view the current photo created by the Camera.

Hello, I’m also getting the same issue with presence detection from the netatmo components, here’s the error in my logfile:

2018-12-16 00:31:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for binary_sensor.front_outdoor_vehicle fails
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 221, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 349, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/binary_sensor/netatmo.py", line 157, in update
    self._data.update_event()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 324, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/netatmo.py", line 119, in update_event
    home=self.home, cameratype=self.camera_type)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/smart_home/Camera.py", line 255, in updateEvent
    eventList = resp['body']['events_list']
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Did you ever fix the issue? My camera is still working, but I’m still getting the errors occasionally, so could it just be network issues?

Running

• HA: 0.84.2

Quick question: how are Netatmo cameras shown in HA? Live stream or some recent photo? The same for both Welcome and Precense? The API doesn’t say it very clearly…

Yes, you can live stream

I get the ”stream” via camera component, but it is not video. It’s a picture that updates about once per 2s. Is it possible to get the actual video? The same that is shown in the Netatmo app?

To be more specific. If I click on the image the update rate is about 1/2s. Without clicking the update rate is about 1/8s. Is it possible to get the actual stream visible?

What install method did you choose for your instance?

Can’t remember exactly. I already had the weather station and I would like to say I did not have to do anything, the integration was already there. Should I do it again? Should the stream be better?

Seems that Netatmo integration was done so long ago that it was done via Configuration.yaml. Is this the reason for a poor stream?

Hi,
since I updated to 0.118 I get an error when I try to record the Netatmo Presence Stream:

2020-11-19 16:36:00 ERROR (recorder_save_worker) [libav.mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2] moov atom not found
2020-11-19 16:36:00 ERROR (recorder_save_worker) [root] Uncaught thread exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/stream/recorder.py", line 43, in recorder_save_worker
    source = av.open(segment.segment, "r", format=container_format)
  File "av/container/core.pyx", line 354, in av.container.core.open
  File "av/container/core.pyx", line 225, in av.container.core.Container.__cinit__
  File "av/container/core.pyx", line 257, in av.container.core.Container.err_check
  File "av/error.pyx", line 336, in av.error.err_check
av.error.InvalidDataError: [Errno 1094995529] Invalid data found when processing input: '<none>'; last error log: [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2] moov atom not found
2020-11-19 16:36:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.generic.camera] Error getting new camera image from einfahrt_camera: Response payload is not completed