Netatmo.set_persons_home, how to pass the list of persons?

Based on the Home Assistant wiki I must use set_persons_home service to set a list of person in the Netatmo camera integration, but it’s nor specified how to pass the list to the service.
Anyone has some ideas?

In YAML you can do this:

service: netatmo.set_persons_home
data:
  persons: ['Alice', 'Bob']
target:
  entity_id: camera.netatmo_welcome

In the UI you can currently only specify one person. Gotta fix that.

1 Like

Yes! it is! Many tanks!

1 Like

I am struggling to get Netatmo to recongise the name of the person -

Call-service error. 400 - Bad request - Invalid person (21) when accessing ‘https://api.netatmo.com/api/setpersonshome

I’ve tried all sorts of variations of the name that I get in the events FROM netatmo. Any ideas?

Well, for some reason the names don’t match. But without further information it is pretty difficult to see what’s going wrong. All I can tell for now, it is not a general issue with the service.

Hi,
I’m having since forever issue with this service, it gets refused with an “Unknown error”.
Now I had an illumination, may it be that is due to the fact that I have two homes registered in netatmo? (which is a bit unusual situation)
From the netatmo API I see that there is a mandatory field “home_id”, @cgtobi how is that implemented in home assistant? Looks like is not reachable via the service.

Each camera entity is created with its home_id which is the passed on when calling the Netatmo API. A multi home setup should work since I have such a setup for my dev environment. But what actually might lead to collisions is that when the same name exists in more than one home. That way the false person id might be passed along. Could you verify if that might be the case? I’ll fix that in the meantime.

Sorry for the delay, yes that is the case, same name is present in both the houses

The upstream changes haven been merged an released. The PR for HA is almost finished. Would you be able to test this in a separate environment?

Of course, can I get the it somewhere or shall I wait for the next release?

Here is the PR. Let me know if you rather need a custom component.

Sorry, I thought I would be able to modify the files but i know how to do that only for custom components. How can I access the core components to import your change request?
I can access via samba but i have no visibility on the core i guess or via terminal.

Yeah, CLI access is probably the way to go. But I think we can safely wait for the next beta which I’d encourage you to try when it’s out.

Just a little heads up, the PR got approved and will be ready to test in the next beta next Wednesday.

Sorry, still failing with “unknown error”. Shall I specify something more than the following?

service: netatmo.set_persons_home
data:
  persons: ['XXX']
target:
  entity_id: camera.YYY

The fix has not been released yet. So unless you are using a nightly that ships with the fix this wont work yet.

I confirm that now is working perfectly. Many thanks for the fix.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback.

I’d like to use this function on my network but if I check the YAML after adding this to my configuration yaml (after adding my client_id and client_secret and renaming the parameters with mines) it gives me an error while checking. Am I doing something wrong?

Is this question actually related to this thread? If you’re having issues setting up the Netatmo integration, please open a new thread to discuss this.