New Add-on: Vantage Pro 2 MQTT

You need to have a mqtt broker like the mosquitto broker installed and automatic discovery need to be on. After that you will find a device called “Davis Weather Station”.

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-14 om 07.39.50

Is there a guide to setting up the broker? This is a new area of HA for me…

I think I’ve got the MQTT broker setup and the integration configured, but no devices / entities are showing up for davis weather station…

Is the MQTT broker running?
Is the Vantage Pro 2 MQTT running? And what does the Log of this add-on say?

Both are running as far as I can tell. This is my first attempt at using mqtt so I’m not sure what to expect…

Somehow got it working by changing the port to the port the vantage station is using.

Thank you for helping me get this working…

Now…on to the carrier air conditioning…

Hi Marco,

I have a Vantage Pro 2 and an original Serial2usb adapter. Now I was happy to find your add-on and installed it directly. Now I have filled out the configuration and started the add-on, but an error always appears there. Would be very grateful for your help.

The Log:
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
[20:22:32] INFO: MQTT available, fetching server details …
[20:22:32] INFO: MQTT server settings not configured, trying to auto-discovering …
[20:22:32] DEBUG: Requested API resource: http://supervisor/services/mqtt
[20:22:32] DEBUG: Request method: GET
[20:22:32] DEBUG: Request data: {}
[20:22:32] DEBUG: API HTTP Response code: 200
[20:22:32] DEBUG: API Response: {“result”: “ok”, “data”: {“host”: “core-mosquitto”, “port”: 1883, “ssl”: false, “protocol”: “3.1.1”, “username”: “addons”, “password”: “rauC5Shoh3bei5chohl7sahS5geichoopheip8wap1tiesazeitokaexoo8iung5”, “addon”: “core_mosquitto”}}
[20:22:33] INFO: -d /dev/ttyUSB1 -a port: /dev/ttyUSB1 -b core-mosquitto -P 1883 -u addons -p rauC5Shoh3bei5chohl7sahS5geichoopheip8wap1tiesazeitokaexoo8iung5 -I homeassistant -s Metric -i 30 -l debug
[2023-01-14 20:22:33] ERROR: Must define MQTT Broker in configuration!
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: stopping
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped

Hi Mario,

I notice you entered a value in the “Address” field in the configuration. You should leave that field empty if you entered a value in the “Device” field.

Hi Marco,

thanks for your help. now its working great :+1:

Ok, Finally add-on is working with an ethernet data logger. But when the add-on is running, no other client ( Weatherlink, Weathercloud ) can access the station ( Vantage Pro 2 ). Is there a way to make them all access my station?
Thank you

Hi, the Vantage Pro 2 is read every x seconds. There’s no persistent connection, so between reads other software should be able to connect.

Hi Marco, I don’t know why, but no other software is able to read from the station. I just ran another test a minute ago and both of the other software stopped refreshing the minute I started the add-on. I have tried to set the refresh from 30, 60 120 seconds and even more and it did nothing.