New AVM Fritz!box Tools problems

Oh, Simone himself. My pleasure!
But don’t you think a network with about 300 devices would be easier to maintain if the needed devices are selected instead of selecting the unwanted?
Just curious on this.
You may also drop as a side note if and how the “pulling frequency” can be set additionally to the "consider home? Also got a topic on this as a suggestion.
Greetings!

1 Like

Didn’t 2021,6.x make them all unavailable as a default? You’d need to remove the integration and add it back and then you can select the devices you want to enable.

1 Like

But don’t you think a network with about 300 devices would be easier to maintain if the needed devices are selected instead of selecting the unwanted?

That’s the new behavior. Just remove the integration and re-add :wink:

You may also drop as a side note if and how the “pulling frequency” can be set additionally to the "consider home? Also got a topic on this as a suggestion.

Frequency is based on HA standards.

Simone

So the expected behavior after re-adding the integration is that all the devices should ne disabled? The entities are, but the devices are shown normally. Not hidden, not disabled - just active.
Tried this several times now. And to disable a device I need to search in the devices list, klick the device, klick edit, set the disabled option and hit apply. Is just everyone talking about entities instead of devices or is there a problem on my side?

I’m sorry to say this @chemelli , but I really don’t like this design decision. It just adds more and more devices to the GUI and makes it more confusing and harder to maintain.
The old method of manually adding devices via known_devices.yaml was much more workable. Or is there still a way to manually add only the devices that really need to be tracked and to be informed about new devices in the network without cluttering up the GUI? Have I possibly just overlooked something here?
Anyway.
Thanks in any case for your efforts work.

1 Like

A first step there would be re-adding an event equivalent to the old device_tracker_new_device one.

Since moving to the new integration, to my knowledge, there’s currently no way to detect/trigger on new devices being added to the network. I already made a feature request to get that back again, as it’s something I miss a lot.

That feature request is here if others would like to vote for it and would find it useful.

I’m sorry to say this @chemelli , but I really don’t like this design decision. It just adds more and more devices to the GUI and makes it more confusing and harder to maintain.

This is the new API from HomeAssitant, and all integrations are there or moving to it.
Sorry you don’t like it, try to raise a architectural change request here: Discussions · home-assistant/architecture (github.com)

The old method of manually adding devices via known_devices.yaml was much more workable.
Or is there still a way to manually add only the devices that really need to be tracked and to be informed about new devices in the network without cluttering up the GUI?

Nope, there isn’t. Like there isn’t for any other integration and platforms :wink:
For example Shelly: you get all the sensors created. If you don’t want one, you have to disable it.

Simone

Thank you for the clarification :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried to get all the information from this thread.
If I am not wrong there has not been any answer regarding your 2. point, has there?

That is correct. However, this topic has been discussed in other threads.
AFAIK once discovered devices can only be disabled.

Meanwhile I deleted and reenabled the integration, so all my test-devices are gone, and I don’t mind having disabled devices.

@chemelli Just updated to 2021.7.0, and it looks like it’s broken the Fritz integration :frowning: Got errors in the logs and no more devices or connection to my 7590…

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:173
First occurred: 8:02:48 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:02:48 PM

Setup failed for fritz: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'get_all_profiles' from 'fritzprofiles' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fritzprofiles/__init__.py)
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:698
First occurred: 8:03:05 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:03:06 PM

Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration fritz: cannot import name 'get_all_profiles' from 'fritzprofiles' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fritzprofiles/__init__.py)

@DarrenHill, do you still have fritz: in your configuration.yaml by any chance ?

Simone

@chemelli - nope, all cleared out when the switch-over to the integration was done.

I’ve just rolled back to 2021.6.6 and everything’s working again, so it’s definitely something about the 2021.7.0 core update…

I cant fault it with beta 2021.7 I do seem to remember I deleted and readded the integration though.

That was my next plan of campaign - make a backup SD image and then try again and remove/add the integration (again).

This would be the second time since the switch-over that I’ve had to do the reinstall of the integration though, if that does resolve things. So there’s something not right somewhere, possibly in my set-up (but that’s just a standard Pi4 with the HA image).

OK just updated to 2021.7.0 again, and same error.

Removed the integration and reinstalled it, and same error again.

So basically at the moment I’m stuck on 2021.6.8, as 2021.7.0 is breaking the integration completely for me :frowning:

@chemelli is there anything else I can test or information to provide to try and get this fixed, so i can update properly?

One thing I do note is when I tried to remove the integration, it did not vanish from the integrations page like they normally do. But I disabled it then removed it and rebooted and it discovered it as a new integration (but I had to re-enable it afterwards)

What is the actual error because I am not seeing any with 2021.7 at all.

See my previous post:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:173
First occurred: 9:01:44 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:01:44 AM

Setup failed for fritz: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'get_all_profiles' from 'fritzprofiles' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fritzprofiles/__init__.py)
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:698
First occurred: 9:01:48 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:01:48 AM

Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration fritz: cannot import name 'get_all_profiles' from 'fritzprofiles' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/fritzprofiles/__init__.py)

I’ll now try to strip out all the Fritzbox stuff I have in there completely (both the new integration and the old tools one that I was still using for profiles) and see if that helps

I think you still have the old custom components FRITZ!Box Tools

As the issue on GitHub shows, it installs incompatible dependencies.

Simone

1 Like

@chemelli Yes I do, as the new integration doesn’t yet provide control over profiles which the old custom component did - at least last time I tested it.

I’ve just stripped that out to test if it helps, and so far it’s looking promising.

Does the integration now provide that control too, so the old custom component can be binned?