New custom component : ZiGate (obsolete)

I personally tried to update the Zigate itself, the updated worked but I could not communicate with my device anymore so I reverted it.

Update for bulb or other device have a very low prio for me. They usually don’t bring anything really useful and the security stand point is surely useful for public building or company building, less for my kitchen lamp (it’s of course different for any lock, camera, etc…)

The focus should probably be on integrating more component, extending the documentation and integrate one first stable version in Home-Assistant stable branch.

I’m not sure what you meant by that, but the zigate and zigate component for hass work just fine with linux (didn’t try on mac).
It’s only a USB/Serial bridge, so no special driver are required.
I use it on a ubuntu server with hass running in a docker container (the container is based on Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie))

Yes maybe I wasn’t clear enough, I’m aware that HA can be run on linux and that zigate works with HA, it’s just that the debugging info on the zigate site seemed to be windows-only. If everything works out of the box that’s of course not an issue.

Ok I see what you’re talking about. This debugging tool is not really necessary, if you were to modify the firmware of the zigate it might be, but not really to develop the python library or the home-assistant integration.

All device information, route discovery, etc. can be called through the python library.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply!

Hi!
I found a interesting project on github and decided to post it here since looks similar to ZiGate, but much cheaper :slight_smile:

What do you think about that? I have ordered whole set from aliexpress. Looks promising, and according to docs process of learning new devices and commands should be straight forward.
Maybe it is worth of opening a new thread. Anyone interested?

Regards
Bartek

EDIT:
I have just found a related topic on forum:

1 Like

Finally I’ve found some time to test this:
So for my aqara wall switch with fire line I can only use endpoint 01 and 02.

If I want the state reported in HA (turn the light on from the switch) I have to use this config:

- platform: zigate
    name: 'Cuisine central'
    address: "84c301"
    default_state: 'state'
    type: 'toggle'
    name: 'Cuisine table'
    address: "84c302" 
    default_state: 'state'
    type: 'toggle'

When I saw the state changing in HA I was happy but, because there’s a but.
Now when I turn OFF the switch from HA, it turns the light off but HA reset the state to ON.
Then I’m not able to control light from HA anymore because HA can only turn light OFF because it consider light is ON and I’m using a toggle.

ha

Any help would be really appreciate here, I’ve 4 more switches in a box and would love to use them but in this state the WAF is very low.

Did anyone manage to setup Xiaomi Aqara Water / Flood / Leak sensor with Zigate?

It does not work for me when I try to set it up using switch component with following configuration:
switch:
    name: 'Water Leak'
    address: e8fb01
    default_state: 'event'
    type: 'momentary'

When I check the logs I can see corresponsing entry when I put it in water and when I take it out.
Here’s debug entry when it detected water:

[zigate] RESPONSE 8401 : Zone status change notification
[zigate]   - Sequence       : b'05'
[zigate]   - EndPoint       : b'01'
[zigate]   - Cluster id     : b'0500' (Security & Safety: IAS Zone)
[zigate]   - Src addr mode  : b'02'
[zigate]   - Src address    : b'e8fb'
[zigate]   - Zone status    : b'0001'
[zigate]     - Binary       : 0000000000000001
[zigate]     - Alarm 1 : Opened/Alarmed
[zigate]     - Alarm 2 : Closed/Not alarmed
[zigate]     - Tampered : No
[zigate]     - Battery : OK
[zigate]     - Supervision reports : No
[zigate]     - Report when normal : No
[zigate]     - Trouble : No
[zigate]     - AC (Mains) : Ok
[zigate]     - Test Mode : No
[zigate]     - Battery defective : No
[zigate]   - Zone id        : b'00'
[zigate]   - Delay count    : 0
[zigate]   # encoded : b'018402110210021e1a02150211021502100212e8fb021002110210ff021002107e03'
[zigate]   # decoded : 0184 01 00 0E 1A 05 01 05 00 02 E8 FA 00 01 00 FF 00 00 7E03
[zigate]   (@timestamp : 12:38:10)

It seem to use different format (comparing to presense detection sensor), but I’m not sure if I should configure it differently.

Ok, it look like it’s dead here.
No offense and thanks for the support I got, thanks to the devs for providing the component on their free time even if it does not fit my needs.
Actually my home automation is in a early stage and home assistant is the first I tried.

I will give a shot to jeedom with a stronger french community and a larger user panel of zigate.

I will still monitor this thread in case of things change because I love the home assistant architecture.
Or maybe I will try zigbeemqtt. :thinking:

2 Likes

Just connected the Zigate wifi gateway to HASSIO and used this component.
Its working fine with the human presence sensor.
I configured is as a switch as the example shows.
@eLRIC; keep up the good work. Thanks for developing the component.
Kees

1 Like

Hi all.

Is it possible to have more then one ZiGate in HASS? Eg. one serial and one WiFi?

I am think of replacing the Xiaomi GW with ZiGate to avoid the Chinese cloud (GW is behaving strange from time to time when connection is lost) but I have some doubts if it will cover whole flat.

Thanks.

never tried it.
at the moment if you have a connection issue with zigate wifi, Hass won’t reconnect to it automatically, you’ll have to restart it.
concerning the cloud, my xiaomi/yeelight are blocked by my firewall.

If I’m correct zigate use zigbee devices connected on power line as zigbee router.
So if you have xiaomi wall switch or even zigbee bulbs like tradfri or yeelight it should extend the range no?

Hello everyone, I just received my zigate wifi and I was trying to set ip up :

• First I have downloaded the folowing github repository : https://github.com/elric91/homeassistant_zigate
  • Then I have extracted it into \hassio\config\custom_components so I have the light, sensor, switch and zigate folders directly in the custom_components folder.
  • I modified my configuration.yaml file with zigate:

# Enable ZiGate
zigate:

• I restarted homeassistant
  • Finnally I went into developpement -> Services into Hassio and then called the service “zigate.permit_join” and nothing happens. The blue led of the zigate stays blue but does not blink and I can not pair any device.

Do you already had this issue?

I am lost, would you have any idea to help me please?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Aurélien

I think I had to do a zigate.init the first time I use it.

I tried but nothing happened neither :frowning:

To what did you connect the zigate? Which serial port does the zigate have?

Maybe add this in logger.yaml to see if you have more info in homeassistant.log:

logs:
     custom_components.zigate: debug
     custom_components.switch.zigate: debug
     custom_components.sensor.zigate: debug
     zigate: debug

I did connect the Zigate to a 5V usb charger. I have a wifi zigate. Should I open a port ?

Here is my log :

2018-06-06 21:29:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up zigate
2018-06-06 21:29:33 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.zigate] ZIGATE : Starting
2018-06-06 21:29:33 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.zigate] ZIGATE : Finding zigate addresses
2018-06-06 21:29:33 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.zigate] ZIGATE : All known addresses added
2018-06-06 21:29:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=zigate, service=permit_join>
2018-06-06 21:29:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=zigate, service=raw_command>
2018-06-06 21:29:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=zigate, service=init>
2018-06-06 21:29:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain zigate took 0.0 seconds.
2018-06-06 21:29:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=zigate>
2018-06-06 21:29:33 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.zigate.zigate2hass] ZIGATE : Transport initialized : SerialTransport(<uvloop.Loop running=True closed=False debug=False>, <custom_components.zigate.zigate2hass.ZiGateProtocol object at 0x72b5b970>, Serial<id=0x72b5b2f0, open=True>(port=‘/dev/ttyUSB0’, baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity=‘N’, stopbits=1, timeout=0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False))
2018-06-06 21:29:35 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of config is taking over 10 seconds.

Can you see anything interesting?

I do not :frowning:

Thank you very much for helping me :slight_smile: