New custom component : ZiGate (obsolete)

Probably not a lot. If I remember correctly it’s a partial overlap with some channels in the 2.4ghz range. You could try to use your router’s interface to scan for overlaps if that’s supported.

Hmm… are you sure you added the light to your closet group? No typos? :slight_smile:

@mvdkleijn regarding the problem with my closet lights group. I have double checked my automations and I can confirm that there are no typos in closet group. I can control all the lights with no problems trough the web portal. From my personal observations I noticed that I am having issues with automation, when I am trying to switch off the group of lights. I am not facing any issues with automation when I write the code to switch of every single light separately, instead of switching the whole group. What could cause such weird issue?

Indeed it sounds weird. Unfortunately I don’t have any IKEA lights so I don’t know much about them.

Since switching it off one by one works, we can reasonably state the bulb itself is fine.

I’m fairly new to HA myself though… The problem must be in HA or the Zigate component I guess. I’m assuming you don’t have a lot of lights in your closet so some sort of limit being hit would probably not be it.

How many devices do you have connected to Zigate in total?

Did someone already used the Ikea TRÅDFRI dimmer (the small rotary one).

I successfully got a device announce but I don’t get any data in log when turning the dimmer (in debug mode).

If someone remember how to pair it and could post an example configuration, it would help me :slight_smile:

Edit: It’s this dimmer:

have you read http://faire-ca-soi-meme.fr/domotique/2018/03/14/une-telecommande-zigbee-pour-les-controler-tous/
it probably works the same way.

1 Like

Arf, didn’t see this article, had I known that before I wouldn’t have ordered a Zigate…
The main reason was to be able to use those button and dimmer to execute action in hass, which seems impossible as long as the ZiGate cannot be seen as a device.

Thanks for the link.

hacky and ugly, but I’m pretty sure we could use an aqara device as a sniffer to catch the events and report them to HASS (or whatever, mqtt, …)

I don’t understand,
You can do with the zigate and hass :
Button -> zigate -> hass -> zigate -> light

The article use the zigate to control, the zigbee network in order to set the light bulb to a groudID in order to do that :
Button -> light.

The zigate is still mandatory :slight_smile:

Hello EveryOne,
I’m trying to help but even if i add more log in the pyzigate code ( it doesn’t appear ).
I’m using docker :

1. Add more logs
  2. open docker container bash
  3. pip install --no-cache-dir -U --upgrade zigate-python/
  4. restart docker.

It doesnt work ( no added logs). I need help :slight_smile:

EDIT :
I solved all my issues by upgraded to 15.3 hass version.

Nop, Button → Zigate (in the case of the Ikea dimmer for example) doesn’t work. The Zigate simply doesn’t receive any command. It cannot see it.

The creator of the Zigate also says it in his article:

En effet, même si les actions d’une télécommande ZigBee ne sont pas directement visibles par la ZiGate, cette dernière permet, néanmoins, de piloter des ampoules, des prises pilotés ou autres actionneurs ZigBee.

1 Like

dziugasp, nice to hear you were succesful installing zigate with hassio. Could you tell me how you did it? I copied the files, adapted the init file and the config, but it comes back with:

Error during setup of component zigate
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 142, in _async_setup_component
result = await component.async_setup(hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py”, line 210, in coro
res = func(*args, **kw)
File “/config/custom_components/zigate/init.py”, line 58, in async_setup
if platform_config[‘platform’] == DOMAIN:
TypeError: string indices must be integers

I really do not understand what is happening.

I succeeded by using a custom pip3 command:
pip3 install pyzigate --target ~/.homeassistant/deps

ofc you need ssh access to the homeassistant container first.
After you switched to the root user (sudo su) of the container you can execute the pip3 command.
im using the terminal addon for this, and i have a command to update pyzigate automatically executed on boot => just to be sure :slight_smile:

I think the reason this works is because you install pyzigate in the standard HA folder for libraries, so when HA is looking for the pyzigate dep. it’ll find it.
If this is a horrible thing to do => oops… what to do instead?

Hi, @DFilippo!
Actually what I did was pretty simple - I just copied and pasted ZiGate folders to my hassio configuration folder, under ‘custom_components’ and adapted configuration.yaml. I didn’t change anything in the init file :slight_smile:

Am I the only one who’s having issues with ZiGate component after 0.66 update? After u
pdating hassio I’m getting error that ZiGate component cannot be found (it might sound differently)

Hi

I quickly packed a release with latest corrections that should resolve your issue

Did you get it to work? I’ve used the latest release but still the zigate component is not found.

The solution is to open up the init file and change async to async_ on line 7!

Thanks! That worked like a charm.

I found another problem! This is the situation:

1. Zigate is installed with currently three sensors working (Two Xiaomi door/window sensors and one temperature sensor)

2. I add my limitlessled lights to my conf file and the zigate component stops working!

3. The following code shows up:
    Error during setup of component zigate
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 142, in _async_setup_component
    result = await component.async_setup(hass, processed_config)
    File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py”, line 210, in coro
    res = func(*args, **kw)
    File “/config/custom_components/zigate/init.py”, line 58, in async_setup
    if platform_config[‘platform’] == DOMAIN:
    TypeError: string indices must be integers

4. I delete the limitlessled component and… The zigate component starts working again with the next restart. There seems to be a compatibility issue here.

That must be in the last version only, I’m running both limitlessled and Zigate on HA 0.64.3 without problem.

Btw could you post your xiaomi temperature sensor config? I cannot get it to work :disappointed_relieved: