New Lutron Caseta Outdoor Smart Plugs Not Adding to Home Assistant

We just added two of the new Lutron Caseta Outdoor Smart Plugs (PD-15OUT-BL) to our home. The devices are showing up in the Lutron app but not appearing in Home Assistant. I’ve tried restarting the Lutron hub, restarting Home Assistant and reloading the integration. Do these new devices need to be added to the Lutron integration by the HA team in order for them to work? Is there something else that needs to be done to make them appear?

Thanks

I’m not sure that those devices are supposed by the caseta integration in homeassistant.

See here https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/lutron_caseta/

Looks like you’re right, and they are not on the list of supported devices. I posted a feature/enhancement request to have them added here: Add Support for the New Lutron Caseta Outdoor Smart Switches to the HA Core Lutron Caseta Integration

I sent a pull request to the underlying library (pylutron-caseta) to fix this, and it was merged the other day, hopefully the maintainer will cut a new release so it can be folded in to HA soon.

3 Likes

Thank you Ted. I have this issue as well, and I appreciate the effort you put in.

The library dependency bump that will support this is now pulled in HA dev, so it should be live in either the next point release or in the Aug release

EDIT acually looks like this was even earlier in May, the new bump supports the Indoor plug