New Netatmo climate component supporting multiple thermostats/valves

I tried both links right now, and both open up the correct files. Please, try again.

Personally I think you should try it out, as you can’t know when the PR will be accepted.

My bad, tried the files and they are working indeed.

Just to note, I have 2 entities for each valves, I don’t remember if it was a knows issue.

Regards,

Laurent

Probably a little bug linked to the fact I have two homes because of my Netatmo camera and discovery true …

If I put discovery false and set the home manually, no more double entities.

BAM… on first reboot it does not work, on second reboot IT WORKS!!

But I have every valve 2 times…? (found by autodiscover)

Seems to work fine with my home with two rooms (living room with two valves and bedroom with one valve). Thanks!

Quick fix for 0.88.0:

save https://gist.github.com/shanbs/dec77e67c1af9295a2b3402e552e648d to:
config/custom_components/netatmo/__init__.py

save https://gist.github.com/shanbs/2cc14b3a317f578bc22f557fb40480c2 to:
config/custom_components/netatmo/climate.py

1 Like

@pier I don’t have 0.88 yet.

What does this fix? Is this component broken in 0.88 without moving the files?

yes, you will get an error and it wont load.

So this will mean most of the custom components (or all) will stop working right after the update?

Could be a lot of work to get them all back running.

Thanks, this indeed fixed the issue.

@Baosong_Shan please add/change/edit this to your first post.

Thanks!

But I’m not sure about the keys thing.
It says I have to remove the keys home and rooms.
How will this affect the discovered rooms?

Hi sometimes ago I updated the custom component for ther excellent job of @Baosong_Shan, but stopped following the thread (and subsequent modification to the component) because my installation was working perfectly.

Now, this morning, with updating to 0.88 all stopped working, has this been fixed already, or not yet? Thank you

2019-02-21 10:18:57 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.netatmo2.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 147, in _load_file

module = importlib.import_module(path)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module

return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 962, in _find_and_load_unlocked

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'custom_components.netatmo2.climate'; 'custom_components.netatmo2' is not a package

Thank you works as expected !

1 Like

I think this has to be changed

from homeassistant.components.climate import (
    STATE_HEAT, STATE_IDLE, ClimateDevice, PLATFORM_SCHEMA,
    SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE, SUPPORT_OPERATION_MODE, SUPPORT_AWAY_MODE)

becomes:

from homeassistant.components.climate import ( DOMAIN,
    ClimateDevice, PLATFORM_SCHEMA)
from homeassistant.components.climate.const import (
    STATE_HEAT, STATE_IDLE, SUPPORT_TARGET_TEMPERATURE, SUPPORT_OPERATION_MODE, SUPPORT_AWAY_MODE)

correct?

Could you explain how to integrate netatmo in 0.88?? Thankyou

He already explained it here:

You have do download the files from the links, rename them as he mentioned and place them in the folders.

So create a new folder in custom_componets “netatmo” and place those renamed files "init.py and climate.py in that folder.

Restart and you’re good to go.

thank you for the tip

I have this error on hass.io 0.87 could you help me?
thanks

019-02-22 12:21:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up platform netatmo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 128, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/netatmo.py", line 98, in setup_platform
    for room_id in room_data.get_room_ids():
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/netatmo.py", line 350, in get_room_ids
    if self.setup():
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/netatmo.py", line 363, in setup
    self.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 315, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/climate/netatmo.py", line 386, in update
    self.homestatus.rooms[key]['therm_setpoint_temperature']

Thanks for writing this code, I really appreciate this !
(and it saves me a lot of time & work to try doing it myself :smiley: )

I installed the first 2 files, resulting in an error, and then added the changes for version 0.88
After step 2 my old UI-card was not available, and I could easily add cards for my thermostat and valves

3 questions though :

• Do we have to remove the files again when the component has been included in HomeAssistant ?
  • Will the main files be updated for version 0.88, and do we have to remove the last 2 files manually then ?
  • Is there any more information available on the functions of the applet ? I can click a green leaf, eco, heat, cool, auto, manual, … but actually I don’t know what it does exactly :slight_smile:

Thanks again !
Steven

I have the same error but I use python3.7
Any succestion?

Error loading custom_components.netatmo.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 147, in _load_file module = importlib.import_module(path) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/init.py”, line 127, in import_module return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 1006, in _gcd_import File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 983, in _find_and_load File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 962, in _find_and_load_unlocked ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘custom_components.netatmo.climate’; ‘custom_components.netatmo’ is not a package

Original post updated. I added files for HA 0.88, for those who still have issue please try as the updated procedure indicates, and let me know if you still have problems.