New VeSync / Etekcity Wifi outlets don't work with Hass

It seems that the latest Etekcity / VeSync smart outlets (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GDFQ38D) do not work with Hass. Or any other existing API that is out there, as far as I can tell.

Hass doesn’t even show them as existing, while the official VeSync app has full functionality. Has anyone seen this yet?

Looks like VeSync changed up the API used for the new plugs. New api supports both the old and new plugs, but the API being used by everyone is still the old one. The app is using the new API.

I love a new project. I am going to order the new outlet today, I’ll keep you updated.

@jlboygenius Have you made any progress with the new API?

1 Like

After a weekend playing around with the new 15A etekcity outlets, I finally figured out how the vesync app calls the server for these new outlets. It turns out the new app uses a completely different call and response system than when the original library was written. I guess they keep the old system in place in case some people haven’t updated the app yet, but it does not work with the new outlets. I’m working on rebuilding the entire library to support the new system and allow new device types to be added relatively easily. I should hopefully be done in the next few days.

Good job finding that new API call! Looking forward to seeing the result.

Finally completed the changes for the new outlets. Check out the this post for more details: