Newbe Question! - Where is the command line?

Ok,
Two things

!
1: Where is the command line??..When I connect the pi to a monitor all I get is black on black…
2: How can I configure SSH server?? There seem only to be a start/stop/uninstall …

Thanks !!
Tor-Olav

1. You have to boot it with the monitor connected, but the command line is minimal
  2. Install the add-on

Thanks, I will give that a try. All packages require command line cfg… and I had none :upside_down_face:

??? No they don’t… Hass.io is going to disappoint you if you try to use a command line… Hass.io uses addons…

2 Likes

Integration configuration often requires that you edit files (but not always), but that’s not command line configuration.

If you’re looking to install operating system packages, well, bad news :wink: HassOS doesn’t support that, that’s what add-ons are for.

You are aware that (assuming you are running on a pi) that these systems run headless ?
ie you run the interface from a (network) connected computer/tablet/phone

Find the ethernet address of the newly created device and connect via 192.168.0.200:8123 (note the port number, but the ip will be whatever your dhch server assigns)

I found the error!
Everything I have seen referred too is this lower part of the config screen. That was not obvious to me…It looked just like the manual.