NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

Unit 0 was the trick! Does the f2120 count as a second unit? And is that 1 in that case?

Why don’t I get the nibe text at the top? And why don’t I get all the values?

Not sure what values you expect

I added -unit: 1 also now to test.
That gave me 2 tabs for nibe. One empty and one with the sensors in. Now I got also the values that was otillgängliga (unavailable).

Feels like I’m doing something wrong…I don’t want 2 tabs…

I see now that I only get the slave values now, so noting from - unit 0 only from - unit 1
Shouldet I add it like this?
Units:
-unit: 0
-unit: 1
?
Any one with a vvm325 and f2120 like to share the config part?

It’s a yaml list entry. You need to add the categories tag to both units. When you added unit 1, you moved the categories tag to unit 1 and removed it from unit 0.

• Unit: 0
    Categories:
  • Unit: 1
    Categories:
1 Like

Thanks!! That did the trick. Last question before im done, why does it give me this icon and now the nibe text as I seen others have?

That is how this plugin looks. If you want a different look you can add each parameter manually to your own group or customize the group using standard Hass customize entries.

Ooh. My bad, all the screenshots I saw had nibe on the tab, thought that was the standard. My bad.

Does the split between units make any sense? Are the titles of groups inside each tab already unique? I only added it since i thought units would be complete systems. But they seem more like addons to same system so should probably be displayed in same tab?

HI elupus,
It would make more sense to have it all in the same tab. The slave unit are just the outdoor unit of the system. (even though you can run the indoor unit without an outdoor unit). Disclaimer. Nibe range of equipment might have slave units that are something that is not an outdoor unit, but that is beyond my knowledge, but anyhow, it would probably still make more sense to have it in the same tab.

Hi elupus

Just got a mail from the NIBE Uplink telling me that:

“We are moving all of our online services to Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2+ to provide best-in-class encryption, and to ensure our service is more secure by default.
As of January 31, 2019, NIBE Uplink API will no longer support TLS 1.0 and 1.1. This means that connections to NIBE Uplink API using TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will not function any more.”

Will this be a problem for us with the NIBE custom component? Or is it compatible with TLS 1.2?

Btw, how is it going on making the NIBE component an official part of HA?

BR

That change should not pose a problem. Im rewriting stuff to be using the new config entry system. After that i might look at integrating it in Hass.

4 Likes

I have been used hass_nibe a few months now.
It has worked very well.

But today I updated to the latest version of Hass 0.83.2
Now hass_nibe does not work anymore.
I do not see any new error messages in the log.
Anyone else who has the same problem?

I have this in the log

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 241, in _step
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 111, in async_setup_systems
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 380, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 304, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 373, in load
await self.load_unit(unit)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 328, in load_unit
unit.get(CONF_CATEGORIES)))
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 256, in load_categories
return await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
future.result()
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 228, in load_parameter_group
sensors)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 210, in load_sensor
return await self.load_platform(discovery_info, ‘sensor’)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 186, in load_platform
load_info)

Doesnt look like the complete exception backtrace?

2018-12-02 20:54:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 111, in async_setup_systems
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
future.result()
raise self._exception
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 373, in load
await self.load_unit(unit)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 328, in load_unit
unit.get(CONF_CATEGORIES)))
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 256, in load_categories
return await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
future.result()
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 228, in load_parameter_group
sensors)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 210, in load_sensor
return await self.load_platform(discovery_info, ‘sensor’)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 186, in load_platform
load_info)
TypeError: async_load_platform() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘hass_config’

elupus Is this correct?

I think you are using an old version of hass_nibe

elupus: Thank you very much! Everything worked with the new verision of hass_nibe