NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

I only got the sensors as bricks and not in the group what did i do wrong?

I dont understand.

all the sensors are in brick mode only

Even on the nibe view/tab?

Just updated to latest from 80.3 and changed the config. Do i need to do everything from scratch?
this is hassio want to check it out before i do it on my hassbian

I think it’s the entity registry that is breaking things. Its renaming the entity IDs . If you have not customized any entity names at all you can remove “.storage/core.entity_registry” if you have you need to just remove all nibe entities from that file.

thank you will check that

You are the geatest its working again have a nice day

I followed the instructions in the readme to the letter. But I am getting the following error. Can’t figure out how to fix it. Any help / guidance / tips would be greatly appreciated.

I am using HASSIO 0.85.0 on RPi 3

2019-01-12 14:42:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component nibe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 145, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config)
  File "/config/custom_components/nibe/__init__.py", line 122, in async_setup
    from nibeuplink import Uplink
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'nibeuplink'
2019-01-12 14:42:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of sensor.nibe. Setup failed for dependencies: nibe
2019-01-12 14:42:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform sensor.nibe: Could not set up all dependencies.
2019-01-12 14:42:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of switch.nibe. Setup failed for dependencies: nibe
2019-01-12 14:42:56 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform switch.nibe: Could not set up all dependencies.

Must be some error earlier. It has not installed a dependency.

Can this component be used with Hass.io?

Never tested it. But it should work. I know there was some python version problem at some point. But it was possible to resolve.

Yep I’m using it in Hass.io

Its not very obvious in the instructions and unless you read the conversations above you may miss the way it needs to be configured.

So just clone the elupus/hass_nibe repo to your custom_components folder. This alone won’t make the component work. Open the hass_nibe directory and you will notice that all of the directory structures look the same as the custom_components folder (if you have some already).

You need to move those directories out of the hass_nibe and into custom_components.

NOTE: if you are already using some custom components then make sure you don’t overwrite them with these instead you need to basically merge them. For example I had Hue custom component installed within the sensor directory, and hass_nibe also had a sensor directory so you just need to copy those contents into the existing sensor directory. Image attached of how mine looks to help.

Then just follow the rest of the instructions https://github.com/elupus/hass_nibe and obtain your NIBE Uplink keys.

I’ve only just had our NIBE F2040-16 with SMO20 uplink installed this week and it works great! The only things I’ve not tested is the remote turn on turn off features because I have not paid 25 Euro for the management charge to Nibe premium service, but I will do later on.

One thing I will say is do not pay for the Premium History service since you can do this from your Home Assistant Influx DB and Grafana based on the sensors you collect :wink:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

This is how it should be done for all installs. Not just hassio. This will become easier soon, when all can be contained inside one folder of your custom components folder.

1 Like

Ie the cloned folder IS your custom_components folder.

Hi guys, I get the same error as rawash when trying to get lastest hass_nibe to work in hassio 0.85.1 on RPI 3:

2019-01-19 12:49:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component nibe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 145, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/config/custom_components/nibe/init.py”, line 122, in async_setup
from nibeuplink import Uplink
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘nibeuplink’

It seems the dependent library nibeuplink is missing. I guess this is supposed to be installed automatically but fails in hassio for some reason. How did you solve this nickcj?

@imist You need to install the component yourself. Follow the instructions here:

nibeuplink should install itself automatically as long as you have internet access. Unless hassio does something differently.

And this is why I use Hassbian…