NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

It is just a warning. Should still work. New version is on the way. I did warn against upgrading though.

If somebody want to be a guinea pig, I have a new version in the works. Would be nice to get some testing. I suggest you run this in a testing environment, or at least make a copy of your old configuration.

New Features:

• water_heater entity with hotwater boost operation mode
  • climate entities now react to when water_heater is active and goes to off state
  • setup is now based on config entries
  • now exposes devices (theoretically different climate systems can be in different areas)

Itā€™s in ā€œdevā€ branch on https://github.com/elupus/hass_nibe/. Installing has changed a bit. There is no subdirectories in the repository anymore (means you can have it as submodules in git). An example to install directly would be:

cd .homeassistant
mkdir custom_components
cd custom_components
git clone https://github.com/elupus/hass_nibe.git nibe -b dev

Then just add a minimal nibe entry in your config:

nibe:
    systems:
      - system: #<required system identifier>
        units:
        - unit: 0
          climates: True
          water_heaters: True

You will need to setup a configuration entry on the integrations page

Works like a charm!

Getting authentification token does not work with HASS 0.88.0. Works in HASS dev branch like a charm now! Thank you for updating it to the new structure.

What do you guys mean with new configuration entry on the integration page?

Tried to add the new config un dev branch and I get the following error when I check the config

Invalid config for [nibe]: [climates] is an invalid option for [nibe]. Check: nibe-&gt;nibe-&gt;systems-&gt;0-&gt;units-&gt;0-&gt;climates. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 98). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/nibe/

I get that too. I reverted to the old integration. Iā€™ll be waiting until 0.88.2 to see if if it has something to do with the custom_components API that has changed. I believe quite a few are running hassbian but Iā€™m running hassio

Climates is no longer a sub key of the unit. Itā€™s on system level.

I can report that using the minimal conf on https://github.com/elupus/hass_nibe/tree/dev it works like a charm!
Nice with the UI configuration (click nibe uplink in the configuration->integration page and follow the UI directives)

So is it possible to install the new version on hass.io? I guess I canā€™t run git clone command.

Should I just copy everything in the zip hass_nibe_master to /custom_components/nibe and add the entry in my config?

Yes that should be it.

Nope, canā€™t get it to work, using minimal configuration where Climates is on system level:

nibe:
systems:
- system:
units:
- unit: 0
climates: True
water_heaters: True

Get the same error as above

Invalid config for [nibe]: [climates] is an invalid option for [nibe].

Now you put climates on nibe level. It should be on system level.

Tried the new version, but couldnā€™t get the integration to work. I didnā€™t get a title for the integration, but at the bottom of the list of integration was a blank line with a button that said ā€œConfigureā€. If I pressed that I got a popup which showed my callback URL so I know I was on the right track, but none of the fields had any markings so I couldnā€™t tell which field needed what information, but I was able to figure that out from the yaml and json-files.

My configuration.yaml only had nibe: and no other substrings attached to it.

Iā€™m running hassio too, so I had to download all of the files from the repository and upload them manually.

In the end I couldnā€™t make an authorization request so I got stuck. Rolling back to the backup I took last night.

Iā€™ll continue running the older version until I see more news being posted. Let me know if there is anything else I can share to help out.

You didnā€™t copy the hidden ā€œ.translationā€ folder.

Dā€™oh. You are right. I will give it a new shot next weekend. Thank you for the good work!

Which switches are avalible? Is it possible to control fan speed?

1 Like

Yes. But I think only for ventilation boost. Add a switch with parameter: ventilation_boost

1 Like

Okey! If I trigger the ventilation boost for how long will it be active? Would be great to control the ventilation to get a could climate if the temperature is above a certain temp. It is possible to control fan speed in the Nibe uplink app. Will this feature be available?

Is the any other switches to use?

Hi! im testing the new component but cant figure out how to get all the sensors as the old component had.
If i add categories: True or statuses: True the config validator wont go greenā€¦i added those at the same place as climate and sensors.
What am i missing, i want the smart price and all other sensors to, now i only have this:

Status/category goes under unit not system.

1 Like