NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

Thanks for the quick answer. Now it works!
I think that it would be better to have it in a subfolder though because I have other custom components so my custom_components folder is not empty and therefore you cannot clone a repository to it. A subfolder would make it easier for updates.

Thanks for this awesome component!

so i did sudo su and installed it and got to this

Setup failed for nibe: Could not install all requirements.
20:19 setup.py (ERROR)
Not initializing nibe because could not install dependency nibeuplink==0.3.0
20:19 setup.py (ERROR)
Unable to install package nibeuplink==0.3.0: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement nibeuplink==0.3.0 (from versions: ) No matching distribution found for nibeuplink==0.3.0
20:19 util/package.py (ERROR) on my pie

You can uninstall that again. sudo pip3 uninstall nibeuplink

Then you have to enter the venv Hass on hasbian runs in. It’s apparently in /srv/homeassistant/.

Enter the user an venv
sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
cd /srv/homeassistant
source bin/activate

Then install the module
pip3 install git+https…

Then exit the user.
exit

ok will try

YES thank you. It´s back. Thank you so much for all help.

I got everything to work ok with rasbian all in one installation. Do you have any example on configuring categories, statuses and parameters to only get a subset of the information. Just to point me in the right direction of what values to put in.

I get the following error, any idea?

Error during setup of component nibe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 148, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 380, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 304, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe.py”, line 85, in setup
hass.data[DOMAIN] = NibeUplink(hass, config)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/nibe.py”, line 109, in init
from requests_oauthlib import OAuth2Session
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/requests_oauthlib/init.py”, line 9, in
if requests.version < ‘2.0.0’:
TypeError: unorderable types: module() < str()

See linked issue above. It’s an issue with the python version you run. Can be fixed

sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
pip3 install requests==2.14.2

Worked for me.
Thanks

Is this one in hass.io? cant find anything aboute Nibe in the component page.

This is really neat!

We are considering the Nibe F750 for our new house, to those that have it already, can you tell me if you’re satisfied?

Nah it’s unofficial at the moment. I’ve been planning on getting it in, but time is lacking

Thanks for the answer. I´m going to buy a Nibe system shortly and this would be icing on the cake :slight_smile:
I hope you get the time to do it official soon :wink:

Any of you who has any clue on how to install the nibeuplink module on hass.io?

Did try via the web terminal addon, via ssh. But the component still don’t find it.

You can’t install it like that on hass.io. all components run in docker so you can’t install it like in hassbiean. We need to wait until someone make an official release. Unfortunately…I’m installing a Nibe system 9 of April…this add-on would have been gold!!

I know etas are forbidden but this is something I would kill (or pay :grinning:) to get in to Hass.io. is the making it official only some thing that you can do?

If you exec the right docker you can download the sourcecode into a folder and install it locally in the docker. It works for me, but every time I upgrade I need to reinstall it.

Enable true SSH via debugging mode and then connect to your Hassio.

Run: docker ps, and get the right docker id
Run: docker exec -it xxxxxxxx /bin/bash

wget and unpack sourcecode, then cd into folder and:
pip3 install -e .

The dot is important.

Works for me.

1 Like

Hi!

Ok… :slight_smile: the reason i switched to hass.io is just because i messed up the old hassbian to many time trying to exec commands and doing linux stuff i dont understan :slight_smile: but if your solution is the only way i guess i need to figure this out. Now i need to figure out how to enable debugging mode :slight_smile:

The tricky part is getting the keys. It depends on your system how to do that. Otherwise the official guide is decent:

I should say that my method has started to be problematic for me. The nibeuplink app seems to disappear every time I restart now after I upgraded. It didn’t behave like that before.

I just wanted to add that I had to disable the nibe-component. Hassio keeps deleting the component for me after every restart, which I assume is really a Docker thing. I just can’t get it to work consistently anymore.

Great component though I really do hope you get the time to make it an official component :slight_smile:

1 Like