NIBE Uplink API component (non S-series)

I have also switched to Docker and have not yet tested the newer version of this since I’m still using the old component on HA 0.68, it still works but has it’s quirks.

Can we help in some way to get this into an official component that “just works” when adding it to the configuration.yaml :slight_smile: ?

I think it would be a very nice addition to HA and I mean Nibe would want this to right? Can they help?
They have written some things for IFTTT in the past and I know that they are also looking into the Smart Home area of things.
Since they also charge for the possibility to send data TO the heat pumps through their API I’m guessing that they should be happy to use HA as an up sell for their products… ah well… maybe they just want to have their API and let others develop the integrations for it.

no update on making it an official component?

It’s a pity indeed it doesn’t work on anything higher than 0.68. I’m currently leaning towards buying a second raspberry, and use that one for the main stuff, keeping the old one online just to read the Nibe… (and pushing the data to MQTT)

It works fine… Just use the correct branch.

Really? Can you point me in the right direction here? (I’m using Hass.io by the way)

I dont use hass.io, but you need to get the component installed in the docker image. You should be able to run things inside the running docker image for home asssistant. But i thing somebody else would have to help you with that since I don’t have that available

I had some spare time.

• The module is now on pypy (v0.3.1) so you no longer need to install it separately
  • The custom_component is updated to use version 0.3.1, so just update your custom_component in your config dir
  • The custom_component now lives on the master branch on github, the old version is only available as a tag

Ps. if you were on the old component, you need to re-read the readme file since config was changed somewhat.

2 Likes

Hi elupus,
Thank you for this, running just fine on my Hass.io installation.

As I have a system (Nibe VVM310) and evry parameter shows up, but I also have an external compressor (Nibe F2120) that does not show up with all its parameters.

Looking in Nibe API Documentation, it seems like this function (GET api/v1/systems/{systemId}/status/systemUnit/{systemUnitId}) only fetch the default “0” (which is the main unit) and not “1” which is Slave compressor.
https://api.nibeuplink.com/docs/v1/Api/GET-api-v1-systems-systemId-status-systemUnit-systemUnitId.

Is that anything that could be implemented in the future?

Thank you for your great work.

That could be implemented. Since I don’t have that setup it’s a bit hard to test though. Best would be if someone with that system provided a patch.

@Andnyg I gave it a go. It should now support multiple units. configuration have changed somewhat so anybody upgrading need to add the unit tags. Recheck the readme file.

Hi elupus,

I have used the files and instructions from:

and succesfully authorized but I get NO sensor what so ever in Hassbian, also tested on Hassio with same result.

My config looks like this:

nibe:
client_id: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
client_secret: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
redirect_uri: https://host.domain.com:8123/api/nibe/auth
writeaccess: false

systems:
    - system: 1
      categories:
      statuses:
      parameters: # optional list of additional parameters to retrieve, can be done here or on the sensor platform

Any obvius issues with my config?
Several months back I was using an earlier release and that worked fine.
Just to be clear, Home Assistant is getting the data from Nibe Uplink web portal, it does not require access to the Nibe heating system? I have Nibe on a IOT VLAN at home with only internet access and I can read and control the heating system using the Nibe app.

Never mind! :slight_smile:
I was using the “system” integer wrong, I found the correct value/figure in the URL to Nibe Uplink on my account.

Thank you. I will try it out later this week, Ill let you know if there is any problem. Great work, impressive :slight_smile:

@elupus It work like a charm. Now i get every data I could possible ask for and i have set up Climate card for adjusting temperature. One last humble request though. I would really like to have “Hot Water Boost” Switch

https://api.nibeuplink.com/docs/v1/Parameters
hot_water_boost 0 1 1 Start a hot water boost, i.e. temporary lux, lasting 3 hours. Set to 1 to start, 0 to stop.

From my understanding this is not supported, or am i just lost in configuration?

Not supported, but since that is a binary value, it should not be hard go add.

So setting temperature works? I just hoped I got it right since I don’t have subscription. :grinning:

@elupus I did not test it properly, I was just happy to get it up in the GUI :neutral_face:, so after testing setting temperature, it doesn’t work. When I try to set a new temperature( using Climate: 1h in conf.) i get this error.

Error executing service <ServiceCall climate.set_temperature: temperature=21.5, entity_id=['climate.nibe*****40033’]>

The 40033 parameter seems to be a sensor and can not be set, it shold probobly be parameter 47938

40033 BT50 room temperature affecting climate system 1
47398 5 30 0.5 The target room temperature for climate system 1 when heating

Please post the log when you try to set the value. The docs don’t say what scaling to use sadly.

The entity you get there is not the parameter it sets behind the scene.

Plugin should now support adding switch components for parameters. Check readme for how. Also i think changed the climate component to send a raw value instead of a display value to the API so perhaps that fixes the ability to set temperature

1 Like

Awesome. I got it working again with the latest version. Top notch work @elupus !

Nice work, recently switched to running home assistant in docker container and was pleasantly surprised that the nibe component works well even there. :grinning: