Node-RED integration with node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket no connection

Hi iam quite new to Home Assistant.
My Setup runs with Docker

1. Home Assistant (homeassistant/home-assistant:stable)
  2. MQTT (eclipse-mosquitto:latest)
  3. zigbee2mqtt (koenkk/zigbee2mqtt:latest-dev)
  4. node-red ( nodered/node-red)

i made it so far that HA recognize my zigbee items and a can controll them manually with HA.
No i want to start with the automation.
So i install via HACS the node-red plugin and install the integration and install under node-red the node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket.
When i try to use a block it say “Establishing connection” and stays yellow and not change to green.
Here my configuration what iam doing wrong?
Bildschirmfoto vom 2020-08-02 17-47-01

Can you access them with HA as well? Mind sharing more of your config? Also, personally, I don’t see why to use Node-RED when you can already use HA’s built in automations, which work just fine to

I tried the other available authentification methods and it works with a long time token, all other options doesn’t work…
I liked the graphical idea, lets see if it is work out in real life as well

Ticking “I use the Home Assitant Add-on” didnt work for me, I’m assuming its something to do with how docker uses home assistant, its not techicanlly HASS so we dont have addons or somet?

I had to untick that, click the little “search” icon here (outlined in blue)

I then had to supply the Access Token configured in your Home Assitant profile, i created a long lived token for this.

Paste that into the Access Token field, click update then deploy, and it went green :slight_smile: