Companion app iOS “create helper” button not working

I am new to home assistant and this forum. I am running hass.io on a raspberry pi 4. So far it’s been simple and intuitive, but now I got stuck. “Create helper” shows no list of helpers. In fact, nothing at all happens when I press it. I have searched around and understood I need default config, which is there by default. I added an extra manual reference to input Boolean, just to see if that helps, but nothing happened.

What else can I try?

Hello Stefan, welcome to the community!

Since default_config already contains helpers, I would delete the line input_boolean:, restart HA and clear the browser cache.

Thank you! This helped me understand the problem better: since you wrote clear browser cache I did what you suggested from the web-browser. So, the double declaration is gone.

What I discovered is that helpers can be added from the web browser on the computer, but it’s apparently “create helper” in the companion app which doesn’t work. So, it is more an app problem than a HA config problem? I tried clearing the front end cache from the app, but that didn’t help. More advice?

(iOS 15.6.1)

For better understanding: Can you add helpers when you open your HA instance in a web browser?

Yes, I can, but I only discovered that after following your instructions above. Now, since that was the case, I checked around the app and noticed some other pages, i.e the about page was not loading. So I reinstalled the app completely. Now everything works! I think it could be some urls were messed up since I started out locally and later activated nabu casa remote. Now all pages load remote and the add helper works to! Thanks for the coaching!