Notifications Scheduling

Hi,

I have a couple of Nest Cams in a shop that I own and get a gazillion alerts every day that it’s open. I’d like to be able to schedule the alerts so that they only happen when the shop is closed. Alerting during the day only creates noise, and I don’t necessarily want to rely on my own brain to remember to turn alerts on at closing time and off at opening time. Proximity alerting doesn’t work, because I’m hardly ever there and don’t want my employees to have the app on their phones. This would be a great add for my sanity.

Thanks,
Chuck

You should be able to do this with a condition on your automation that sends notifications. Either use time as a condition, or use something else that programatically lets you know when the shop is open (like tying HA to an alarm system).

Thanks ih8gates,

I’m hoping for a feature enhancement to the Nest Aware interface, since that’s where I configure the notifications. I don’t really have a lot of time to invest in learning the Nest API and coding this myself.

Thanks,
Chuck

Are you sending notifications from Home Assistant, or from within Nest Aware? If it’s the latter, this is the wrong forum for your request. If you’re handling notifications in HA, post your configuration YAML and we’ll see if we can help you out.