Opentherm Gateway platform added to 0.78.0 YEAH.... Or not?

Yes! It’s here. The OpenThermGateway platform is added to HA 0.78.0. But i can’t get it up and running.
Probably due to one of these reasons:

1. I have a OTG (USB version) which uses an USB over Ethernet adapter to get connected, what worked as suspected on my VERA.

2. I can’t identify the right usb port :wink:

When restarting hassio i got the following two errors:

Setup of platform opentherm_gw is taking over 10 seconds.

and:

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 342, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_added_to_hass()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/opentherm_gw.py”, line 66, in async_added_to_hass
await self.gateway.connect(self.hass.loop, self._device)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyotgw/pyotgw.py”, line 55, in connect
await self.get_reports()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyotgw/pyotgw.py”, line 170, in get_reports
OTGW_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT, loop=self.loop)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 362, in wait_for
raise futures.TimeoutError()
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

Anyone an idea how to proceed?

read the output of dmesg immediately after plugging it in to get the device.

I have the exact same error using serial over Ip ( Ser2Net with nodeMCU)

Cannot get it to work… :frowning:

018-09-19 13:55:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 342, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_added_to_hass()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/opentherm_gw.py", line 66, in async_added_to_hass
    await self.gateway.connect(self.hass.loop, self._device)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyotgw/pyotgw.py", line 55, in connect
    await self.get_reports()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyotgw/pyotgw.py", line 170, in get_reports
    OTGW_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT, loop=self.loop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 362, in wait_for
    raise futures.TimeoutError()
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

THis is my config:

climate:

• platform: opentherm_gw
    device: socket://nodemcuIP:serialoutputport
    name: Testmostaat

It is working with opentherm monitor…

Same here, otgw from nodoshop with connected nodeMCU. Installed esp-link, correctly working through otmonitor and accessible via telnet on port 23.

My problem is solved. I’ve disabled bluetooth within in the confix.txt of the RPI. Switched to /dev/ttyUSB1 and it works like a boss! Did get some hints here: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/16739

Hi Gaggio,

I’m also using the OTGW with NodeMCU from Nodoshop.

Did you get it working with the new platform?

I actually haven’t tried anything… Didn’t find any suggestion that applies to my case yet.

Did anyone solve this yet? Also have a otgw from nodoshop with noceMCU and also accessible via otmonitor and telnet.

No, im still using OTGW connected with USB to a Pi Zero.

Is this working well now?

It is now. Latest fixes with 0.90.2 removed most of issues.

Hi,
I have OTG connected via USB to my Vera, works great.
Now I want to switch to HA, and use the Vera integration to get my Vera devices in HA, including the temperature via OTG.
Also works great, that is, I can see the temperature, but if I want to change the temperature, this does not work.
Any Ideas about this?

Hello @Robbie-65,

Just out of curiosity. Why still use your VERA for this and not just connect the OTG directly to your hassio and use the hassio otg integration? Works like a charm. Also for setting the temperature.

Hi @bartandeweg,
Good point, I am investigating this.
My OTG is a USB version, and my vera is located near the OTG. My Home Assistent is on a ESXi, that is not nearby.
But I am thinking of adding a network connection to my OTG. But my OTG is quite old, I am not sure if this would fit.

Rob

I also was a VERA user but switched over to Home Assistant totally. Best decision i made in terms of home automation.

Also i was using an old version of the OTG working on USB. I extended this USB with a ethernet extender but this was nog working very stable. I decided to build a new one with etherent on board and this runs very stable. Worth the €30.

Thats good to know.
I was thinking of doing the same. but noticed that a ethernet connection is not (out of the box) possible.
Which OTG did you buy? for 30 Euro, that seems to be the best choice.

Rob

Take a look here: https://www.nodo-shop.nl/nl/opentherm-gateway/188-opentherm-gateway.html
I still had a spare Ethernet Module. But i think they also sell these. I used a: USR-TCP232

Thanks,

Together with ethernet module and case around 50 euro.
There currently are some Tado refurbished units in discount for around 100 euro.

Maybe of topic, but I am thinking about that to.

Kind regards,

Rob