OpenWeatherMap crashes HassIO

When I try to use the below code in my config and reboot HassIO, it hangs and wont load the frontend. My only way to recover seems to be to SSH back into the RPi and remove the OpenWeatherMap entry from my sensors.yaml

#OpenWeatherMap
- platform: openweathermap
    api_key: !secret openweathermap_api_key
    name: PXXXXX Weather
    forecast: true
    monitored_conditions:
      - weather
      - temperature
      - wind_speed
      - wind_bearing
      - humidity
      - pressure
      - clouds
      - rain

can someone please help me get this working?

any ideas why the above code hangs my HassIO RPi?

Because it’s a sensor so you need sensor: at the top unless you are loading it from a sensors.yaml file, hmm I see you are loading it from a sensor.yaml :frowning:

yep, its in sensors.yaml of which the other sensors in that file work fine

- platform: openweathermap
    api_key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    name: PXXXXX Weather
    forecast: true
    monitored_conditions:
      - weather
      - temperature
      - wind_speed
      - wind_bearing
      - humidity
      - pressure
      - clouds
      - rain

C:\WINDOWS\system32>py -m homeassistant --open-ui
Config directory: C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming.homeassistant
e[31m2017-12-19 07:35:16 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.util.yaml] mapping values are not allowed here
in “C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming.homeassistant\sensors.yaml”, line 2, column 12e[0m
e[31m2017-12-19 07:35:16 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Error loading C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming.homeassistant\configuration.yaml: mapping values are not allowed here
in “C:\Users\MyPc\AppData\Roaming.homeassistant\sensors.yaml”, line 2, column 12e[0m

It appears to not like the api_key :stuck_out_tongue:

The other one works but does not give so much info…

If I load the above code into my installation, HassIO wont even boot up the GUI so I cant find out what the issue is… I had to SSH in and # the code out and reboot. i don’t know where to go with this…

Neither does mine on windows, I just looked in the log :), you should be able to samba in and look at the HASS.IO log as well.