Our Google Assistant skill is live!

Keep your manual setup, otherwise you will have to pay $5? a month or something like that once the beta period is over.

1 Like

And get ready to pay for it monthly when the beta is over

1 Like

and the problem there is?
Happy to pay for a service that is easy to implement and supports the devs in continuing to develop HASS

1 Like

And just letting you know in case you didn’t know. A lot of people are giving up their custom configs not knowing that this service will cost them in a few months.

2 Likes

I dont believe they have ever hidden the fact that the service will be a cost item.

Nobody is forcing anyone to use the new service. Plus you can run up the custom config again if they dont like the new one, it will still be available

1 Like

It’s fair enough to warn people about this.

People just don’t read the documents here and many people will miss that bit (and people only read what they want to read). If you don’t believe me, just wait for the squealing when the first charge is debited or people’s cloud doesn’t work anymore because they haven’t paid.

Oh i know there will be squealing, Its the same after every new release, as they just upgrade without reading the breaking changes.

So true! I always read the release notes - only takes a minute to see if anything in there means I need to change something.

Nobody said they are hiding it from anyone, and correct, you can use the custom config, which is my point, before people delete it and struggle to set it up again. #shouldvekeptquietwiththisone

I go to add my app and get the “could not update the setting. PLease check your connection”

Hi. I too experienced the “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection” issue and my fix was simple. I discovered that somehow I had logged out of the Home Assistant cloud!! If you are getting this problem try clicking on the Configuration side bar option and check that you are still connected. If not, log back into the cloud and then try to add the appliaction within Google Home and you shoudl find it works. PS it seems that you have to ensure that your username in google home is exactly the same case as it it is Home Assistant.

I agree with above. I would love to continue this after the beta is over, especially if it meant more money to upgrade their servers. Activating commands through Yeelight is almost instantaneous compared to HA cloud which takes 4 or 5 seconds minimum. Even the manual setup is quicker to respond (I assume it bypasses HA Cloud so one less hop).

Helping out development is also a plus for me as I love this program and want to see it flourish.
But I just cannot justify paying almost $7Aud for this a month! Netflix is only another $3 :slight_smile:

Setting it up manually only takes half an hour top’s, then the rest of the device setup is the same anyway.

I say lower the price and you’ll get more subscribers anyway.

Even better, lock us early bird beta testers in at $2/month, or a $40 lifetime subscription :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I posted about my issues with ‘home-assistant cloud’ ‘home-assistant / google assistant’

There are issues in general on huawei / google play services app so scratch anything I mentioned before. Sorry I wasted your time.

here it is: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=838576&can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Pri%20M%20Stars%20ReleaseBlock%20Component%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20OS%20Modified&groupby=&sort=

Is there any way that I can use the new Cloud component to read the values of sensors?

It seems that the sensors show up as a different icon. Is there a way to get google assistant to read back to me the value of one of these sensors?

Haven’t been able to figure it quite yet.
Maybe a custom template or something?

Thanks

Any reason why the Google Assistant component doesn’t expose the vacuum as a switch as this new cloud feature does?

After the 0.69.1 update … they all came back :smiley:

Nice one. $1 - $2 / mo, I’d sign up right now too but $5 / mo, I’ll give it a miss. My WeMo devices are natively recognised by Google Home, same with Lifx, my only advantage would be that I could control my Sonoff that have a flashed firmware that I use for bathroom fans, tv lights, media room phone chargers, so not critical. Love the integration but $5/mo a bit steep

2 Likes

So just set up the component (free) like everyone else!

1 Like

I could do that indeed but I think my $2/mo could help the dev team, and I could benefit of this feature as well, just my proposal.

1 Like

Is it possible to broadcast a message to all Google home devices using this integration?

2 Likes