Outdoor Keypad compatible with HA?

Does anyone know of any outdoor weatherproof keypad, like an external garage door keypad, that is compatible with HA? I’d like to mount one outside my house and create automations based on different codes that are entered. I’m considering using a smart lock like this and removing the mechanical guts. Just wondering if there is a better option.

@bphillips921 did you ever find a solution for this? I’m looking to do something similar. I think it would be nice for the various deliveries I get to my house. Have a code that is valid only during the time I expect those deliveries.

I never did find anything, I shelved a lot of my automation stuff lately. I’m building a new house in a year so I’m waiting for that to be done. In that new house I plan to buy a deadbolt lock with a keypad and software that will communicate with HA. I think I’ll mount just the keypad part of that deadbolt near my garage door. I’ll toss the actual deadbolt part. I haven’t tested this theory, but I’m hopeful it will work. I’ll probably have the standard garage door keypad also for a backup in case HA is down. I have heard that Schlage has some z-wave locks that work well with HA.

Appreciate the response! The deadbolt idea has crossed my mind as well and of course backups are always nice! :slight_smile: