Overkiz API and Somfy API

the alert is what I am looking for too!, check this, apparently an obstacle has been detected:
Schermafbeelding 2021-08-19 om 11.39.58

and clicking that displays:

while there is no attribute displaying that?

current_position: 99
rssi_level: 56
core:Manufacturer: Somfy
core:SupportedManufacturerSettingsCommands:
  - dead_man_up
  - dead_man_down
  - dead_man_stop
  - dead_man_impulse_up
  - dead_man_impulse_down
  - enter_settings_mode
  - save_upper_end_limit
  - save_lower_end_limit
  - stop_after_save_limit
  - set_auto_end_limits
  - set_auto_upper_end_limit
  - set_auto_lower_end_limit
  - save_settings
  - invert_rotation
  - save_my_position
  - delete_my_position
  - set_smart_protect
  - set_open_level
  - set_security_level
  - set_discreet_mode_speed
  - set_nominal_mode_speed
  - set_soft_start
  - set_soft_stop
  - reset_actuator
  - double_power_cut
  - eject_from_setting_mode
core:FirmwareRevision: 5128570B00?
core:NameState: Rolluik Studente
core:PriorityLockTimerState: 0
core:StatusState: available
core:DiscreteRSSILevelState: normal
core:RSSILevelState: 56
core:MovingState: true
core:ClosureState: 1
core:OpenClosedState: open
core:Memorized1PositionState: 85
core:TargetClosureState: 0
core:ManufacturerSettingsState: null
io:PriorityLockOriginatorState: null
io:PriorityLockLevelState: null
friendly_name: Rolluik Studenten
supported_features: 1551
device_class: shutter

you can see the firmware version here too, as you asked for. and yes the MovingState is true on all my covers so something is not right there.

the windsensor is the tahoma device? Somfy Eolis Wirefree io: Draadloze Windsensor ? if like that :wink: though I have more than a few weather intergrations with windspeed, I guess nothing beats a factual sensor at location

We didnā€™t plan to add any others yet, all the ones that we are aware of are already added in the latest version.

Looking at the attributes/states you marked with an attribute, most of them are already visible in a sensor entity OR in the cover entity. For example we map core:StatusState to the native Home Assistant status, core:OpenClosedState, core:ClosureState to the cover entity.

The only one from your list that we donā€™t map yet is core:Memorized1PositionState, why would that one be useful for you?

I was under the impression that was the ā€˜Myā€™ position, and as such, it would be very nice to have.
Must confess my rts covers donā€™t have that attribute, while they do have a My positionā€¦ So maybe it is another value?

I now also see: core:Memorized1PositionState: 105 on my ā€˜Blindā€™. Considering that, could this be the value the screen programs itself to, when adjusting the height of the device? If yes, this is truly a useful value, because it is an indication to the factory set programming is adapted to the factual positioning.

Speaking in general, I would think it to be useful to report everything the Tahoma Api returns, if only for administrative purposes, and maybe even more importantly, so we can check the Tahoma install.

My supplier was very surprised I had more info on the devices than the Tahoma App itself returned. Coming to think of that, it is quite odd the official app doesnā€™t even report the position % of the covers.

Therefor, I would strongly advocate to return all information in HA the api offers.

about the MovingState:
upon restart, I see all screens/covers/blinds to be false. after a single action, this value turns to true, and remains like that. thereā€™s definitely something not correct there.

About the Moving State I will contact their support. Perhaps you spotted an issue. We found another one few weeks ago.

About the sensor, Iā€™ve planned to add PriorityLockOriginatorState.

For the wind sensor Eolis, the main advantage is the device is directly connected to the awning.

thanks, fyi, some more detail on that:

core:MovingState: true
core:ClosureState: 83
core:OpenClosedState: open
core:Memorized1PositionState: 85
core:TargetClosureState: 83

target has been reached hours ago, and still MovingState: true

thanks!

I feared that, as I donā€™t really want it to control beyond the Tahoma box, or user set rules. Would have hoped the Eolis was a sensor only, and the User could set logic , ( and because of that we could trigger an automation in HA).

Donā€™t think Somfy provides sensors that do only that, measure the windspeed.

Might I repeat my question here Somfy Tahoma Official API - #1526 by Mariusthvdb

Maybe it got buried under the other issuesā€¦

No idea on this. Thatā€™s the value returned by Somfy.

Ok, thanks.

Canā€™t we check when Somfy returns which value then ? I am not sure if I have all possible values (good, normal, weak) and when somfy decides they are ( good, normal or weak)ā€¦

Surely that must be listed in their Api?

Here the values that Somfy can return.

{
      "type": "DiscreteState",
      "values": [
        "good",
        "low",
        "normal",
        "verylow"
      ],
      "qualifiedName": "core:DiscreteRSSILevelState"
    },

You can join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/HDVSYqvh

2 Likes

hope this is allowed, but I have a Tahoma app question, which I can not find the answer to on the Tahoma or Somfy web pagesā€¦

Trying to guard the Garage door with a pincode, or some other way of securing opening the door, there doesnt seem to be a way I the official Tahoma app at all? I would think to be the most basic form of home security, and right now, anyone with access to an opened phone can enter the premisesā€¦

I did include the garage door via Nabu casa, requiring a security code, so in the HA environment it is just that bit safer, but doesnā€™t Tahoma provide this basic security requirement? This can not be true can it?

what am I missingā€¦

thanks for allowing an having a look

Hello,

I have a problem with an error when integrating the tahoma.

I have for my personal use the tahoma v2 and everything works perfectly when adding.

However, I installed a home assistant at my parentsā€™ house with the new Somfy connectivity kit that was recently released.

Iā€™ve been using it for a while now and it works perfectly.

error_code: policies.ratelimit.QuotaViolation, fault_string: Rate limit quota violation. Quota limit exceeded.

I followed the same tutorial as for my tahoma v2 at home and with my parentsā€™ always the same problem.

I thank you in advance for your help

Good Sunday

You could give https://github.com/imicknl/ha-tahoma a try, have a look at the specific instructions for the TaHoma Switch. (and perhaps this will resolve your issues with the official Somfy API as well).

anyone on securing the Tahoma App itself on the Phone (pincode/touch-id/face-id), and securing a Garage door in the App with a security code? seems a horrible security issue if that isnt possibleā€¦

HI, is this something you found anything on? I still get the error issue in the App, cover only opening to 99% and remains ā€˜openingā€™. No error in the HA integration though and the new attributes are:

I have to manually stop the cover to get the normal stationary slider buttons back again:

Add a PIN lock on your phone ? There is also some lovelace card to add pin code above other cards. But cannot remember the name.

Just secure your iPhoneā€¦ And donā€™t you have to relogin all the time?

Besides that, this would be a request that you would need to do at Somfy support / community forum. I donā€™t think anyone here can offer any solution for this, especially not on iOS.

yeah, I understand thereā€™s no solution here, was merely wondering if anyone had experienced the same issues. Or had found a solution.

Of course my phone is secured, but most individual apps that contain sensitive info / operate the house also are secured. As they should.
Imagine your bank app being open to anyone that happened to be able to ā€˜findā€™ your unopened phoneā€¦ wouldnā€™t pass any of the security guidelinesā€¦ opening the garage door apparently is of no concern ;-(

(of course the HA app has this flaw too, as many have stated without adequate response from the dev team)

will check, would you have the link for that community please? thereā€™s no link in the GitHub, nor the official integration on HA

@tetienne @imick I have upgraded the ha-tahoma component to version 2.7.0.

Now there is low speed support by automatic created switches.

But I have some question about how those switches work.

I have a lot of template covers with my own input_booleans as a slow speed switch. In my template I call cover.open or tahoma.set_cover_position_low_speed depending of my own input_boolean.

Now with the 2.7.0 version I use the automatic created switch for slow speed and use only the cover.open_cover service. But when the switch is on or off it will always run on fast speed.

Is this by design?

I am getting ā€œQuota violationā€ with the Somfy integration. Anyone know what is causing this?

Logger: homeassistant.components.somfy
Source: components/somfy/coordinator.py:60
Integration: Somfy (documentation, issues)
First occurred: September 14, 2021, 21:20:04 (24 occurrences)
Last logged: 07:51:32

Quota violation

Thatā€™s probably Somfy thatā€™s again change their rules. I suggest you to switch to https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-tahoma