Overkiz integration - Local API [Development / Testers topic]

Hello,

I have a Tahoma Box V2 - I was very happy that Overkiz was made available and supported as core but had to install a specific PR to get this working for my current setup as SOMFY would ban me for many API calls and delete my account.

Cutting the story short, I installed it via the PR Custom Component, a component installed via HACS.

I get the following in my INTEGRATIONS panel:

Does anyone knows why and more importantly how to remove this behaviour?

I also observed the behaviour detailed in the preovious post about making the devices unavailable when on Local API

Thanks

Hello,

I have the same ā€œproblemā€.
if anyone has ane idea to remove these dicovered devices, it would be awesome :slight_smile:

My other question : iā€™m not sure itā€™s really uses the local API : when my HA server doesnā€™t have access to the internet, all my device becomes unavaible :confused:

We are having a look in rebuilding the local integration (alpha version :wink: ), so this feedback is welcome.

Indeed, discovery flow is broken at the moment.

4 Likes

Hey guys

Are there any new updates or a rough ETA on when we might see the local api feature in core?

Appreciate your work! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™m with team Jooxā€¦ any info? Tonight I set up my Tahoma Switch for the first time. The cloud integration worked solid with HA, but after 1 hour Somfyā€™s API went down for a longer periodā€¦

Unfortunately no ETA, I am still swamped with work and havenā€™t had time to work on this. Hopefully other contributors are able to chime in soon :).

4 Likes

Thanks, it helped me a lot as I had been struggling for a while to make it work !

HI all, I have an issue, the devices are regulary seen as unavailable when using the local API, as visible on this screenshot

Itā€™s not a network issue, Tahoma Box and HA are on an ethernet network, and I also use the local API with Homebridge, I do not have this issue.

The consequence is that my ā€œsun protectionā€ automation often does not work, shutter do not close when HA send the order.

Is this a know issue ?

The unavailable issue is a known issue, but I havenā€™t had time to really look into this. It seems something is not working with our event listener, because we donā€™t receive all events.

Thanks for ur answer @imick . Is there a way ro help u solve it ?

Despite this issue, everything is working so well. !

Hey guyz!
Overkiz with cloud stopped working for me with TAHOMA SWITCH.
Can you please tell me if its possible to use the LOCALAPI and if itā€™s working okay?
I will go through this thread when i will be home and will try to figure it out.
Much <3
Thanks

1 Like

@ukro, local API is very early work and not stable yet I would say.

Cloud API should still work, and if not, you can create an issue on GitHub since the Cloud API in Overkiz integration is actively supported.

1 Like

I am having the same issue since 2 or 3 days ago. It worked fine for a year and suddenly stopped. The reason it unclear to me as I did not trigger any update or similar event. The log is not helpful as it is saying that the devices are unavailable. The devices can however be operated by remote control or the tahoma app.

1 Like

Same guidance for you, @Wolf_vie. Create an issue on GitHub.

Iā€™m considering buying a Tahoma hub. The solution Local API via HomeKit Controller , is this working stable? Or is this the solution you are talking about here?

Iā€™m using the controller homekit integration since few years to controller my Somfy covers and my awning. No issue, stable and instant update. The only downside is that the Stop button is not available. So I created a Cover template to mix the Overkiz integration and the Homekit controller.

Thanks Etienne, I just want to open and close my awning in function of the weather I read on Openweather map. Stop is not necessary. In that case do I just need HomeKit controller and no need for Overkiz?

Thanks Mick, I am not familiar with Github but just created an account. Could you point me to the right place where I can drop my issue?

New Issue Ā· home-assistant/core (github.com), here :). Please be as detailed as possible and add your log file / diagnostics file.

1 Like

Yeah same here, the SOMFY app working fine with tahoma switch, when will be there in two weeks will try to check if github have any solution :slight_smile: