Owntracks HTTP and Friends feature

Hi there! I try to set up owntracks over HTTP and everything seems ok except the “Friends” feature. As I understand home-assistant has to respond with a list of “friends” to every Owntracks’ request. But what I don’t understand is where it stores the list?

I see errors in home-assistant logs saying

2019-07-30 10:45:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.owntracks.messages] Can't parse topic: 'owntracks/changed_username'                                                                                      
2019-07-30 10:45:26 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.owntracks.messages] Exception in async_handle_message when dispatching 'owntracks': (<homeassistant.core.HomeAssistant object at 0x7fea9b5a81

the topic looks familiar it’s the one I used when I configured Owntracks via MQTT.
Why HASS is trying to parse it after I reconfigured everything via HTTP and removed everything about MQTT-owntracks from configuration.yaml?

How to force Home-assistant to respond with my “friends list” to Owntracks app?

Here it is said that endpoint must return the list like this:

[
  {
    "type": "_location",
    "tid": "jd",
    "lat": 52.00,
    "lon": 13.00,
    "tst": 12345678,
    "topic": "owntracks/johndoe/phone"
  },
  {
    "type": "_location",
    "tid": "eb",
  }
]

The straightforward answer - extend the home assistant owntracks writing this functionality. This functionality is currently not part of home assistant, so you can’t enable it.

Thanks for the answer!
And the latest home-assistant doesn’t support integrarion with Owntracks via MQTT, right?

According to the official docs - it does support MQTT:

By default the integration will listen for incoming messages from OwnTracks via HTTP. It will also listen for MQTT messages if Home Assistant is configured to use MQTT.