Passive BLE Monitor integration (Xiaomi Mijia BLE MiBeacon monitor)

Is this a statement or a question?

need help getting bind_key I have vpn installed but not seeing the POST httpsā€¦ file

All links to the guidelines for obtaining a key using Stream.app are collected in our FAQ.

It is difficult to add something to the already described:

One:

Two:

I think the problem might be that my sensors are already paired with Mi Home, can you only get the key during pairing process?

Yes, the point is precisely that you need to capture pairing process.
If the sensors are already paired, then you need to do it again (remove from MiHome and add again).

OK I removed and repaired and captured the data but still no bitbind is found?

I did this before and it worked, unfortunately I lost all the data on my sd card and had to redo my whole HA installation got everything working accept my sensors. Could Xiaomi have changed something. I am seeing https stuff in the sniff history just not the one with bitbind

Do you search exactly by bitbind? You must search by bltbind. Small L instead of i.

That helps alot I got the file now I need something to read it notepad ++ shows all the html characters

Hmm getting invalid option for batt_entities and rounding from config checker?

According to the latest info IN HACS these are valid options
Acting like its is still seeing the built-in mitemp_bt
Never mind apparently I forgot to restart after install HACS
All is Good

Hi, it is just me or are the others having problems with the integration since last HA update Supervisor/OS

?

Details journal (ERROR)

Logger: custom_components.mitemp_bt.sensor
Source: custom_components/mitemp_bt/sensor.py:131
Integration: mitemp_bt (documentation)
First occurred: 10:02:53 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:05:57

HCIdump thread: OS error: [Errno 19] error while attempting to bind on interface 0: No such device Detalii jurnal (ERROR)

Same issue here On Rpi 3B+ with HassOS.
Last version working was 2.12 (HomeAssistant versione doesnā€™t matter).
After that I always receive this message:

ERROR (Thread-101) [custom_components.mitemp_bt.sensor] HCIdump thread: OS error: [Errno 19] error while attempting to bind on interface 0: No such device

I tried also to install on the same hardware:

1. Home Assistant Core on Raspberry Pi OS
    Raspberry Pi OS (32-bit) Lite (ex Raspbian)
    Linux raspberrypi 4.19.118-v7+ #1311 SMP Mon Apr 27 14:21:24 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
    Kernel version: 4.19
    Home Assistant 0.110.7
    and worked fineā€¦

2. Hass.io on Docker (Docker version 19.03.11, build 42e35e6)
    Raspberry Pi OS (32-bit) Lite (ex Raspbian)
    Linux raspberrypi 4.19.118-v7+ #1311 SMP Mon Apr 27 14:21:24 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
    Kernel version: 4.19
    Home Assistant 0.111.0
    System Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    Supervisor Version 227
    docker_version 19.03.11
    and worked fineā€¦

So I think that the issue is due to Hass.OS after 2.12 version.

@schilea @ilfandango
Iā€™m on a business trip right now. Iā€™ll be able to see your situation in a few daysā€¦

Hi @Magalex thank you for this great work! Do you think it will be possible to activate/deactivate WX08ZM from HA? Thank you.

2 Likes

@schilea @ilfandango I am not aware of such cases of denial of work. The essence of your problem is that the operating system does not have the bt-interface hci0.
Yes, the problem is at the operating system levelā€¦ The only thing I can add to this is the fact that on my test system (RPi3b+) with HassOS 3.13 I did not experience any problems. In addition, as I understood from the changelog, in HassOS 4 there was something fixed regarding bluetooth. Have you tried version 4.10 (it also had a kernel version rollback)?

Due to the passivity of the component (it only receives data), at the moment it cannot control devices (I think this situation will not change in the near future).
The only potential way that I see at the moment is to use external scripts or utilities. I think itā€™s worth looking at github for a script or utility that can work with this device and trying to implement it in HA through Shell Command.

Thanks @Magalex. My RPi4 is in HassOS 4.10. This happened after upgrading from 3 to 4.

First of all, thanks for your effort and support :slight_smile:

Today I started again with some test and I tried (with another SD) a new installation Raspbian buster lite and HA and they worked.
I tried also a middle ground solution with a docker HassIO on the same Raspbian write above and worked.
I was going crazy so I throw in the towel and Iā€™ve removed the SD with Raspbian and install the old SD with HassOsā€¦ and magic is happenedā€¦ the same SD with HassOS 4.10 that did not work beforeā€¦ now work.
Really, I had done at least 10 reboots in the past days and it never worked. Thanks again!

Seems this could be a solution but I donā€™t have the nerve to reinstall all again, even with a snapshot. Fortunately I have a back up solution with ESPHome that works and keep using this until the next upgrade. Who knows, maybe it will be solved by then.